Need a part for minimoog D

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
passepassecom

Need a part for minimoog D

Post by passepassecom » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:16 am

Hi everybody
I'm a new french owner of a Minimoog D synth.
I must change some parts on the keyboard.
Anyone know which is the name of this rubber parts ?

Where can I find it ?

Thanks a lot for your help !

(I'm desesperate because I've waste a lot of time to search it on Internet...but nothing)

WhinyLittleRunt

Re: Need a part for minimoog D

Post by WhinyLittleRunt » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:38 pm

Those are the actuators that pull the contact springs to the buss bars when you press a key. Probably not going to be easy finding them... you might want to try contacting CAE Sound or Syntaur to start... I was working on one a few years ago trying to fix a key issue and lost the rubber trigger dome that sits under the key... I was fortunate to have Kevin Lightner, who has since passed, send me a few of them to save my a$$. The Minimoog Pratt-Read keyboard assembly differs greatly from the standard ones you see on ARPs and SCI units; those rubber parts are not common. I wonder if they changed the type of assembly near the end of production at all? Maybe someone else who has a late-model D would know. The Mini uses spring contacts where the majority of PR assemblies use J-wire contacts.

Either way, good luck.
I like vintage synths....

Broadwave
Gear: Kronos 2-88, System 8, MODX6, ARP Odyssey, BroadWAVE ARP 2600EX, BroadWAVE Modular, BroadWAVE Sparta, BroadWAVE Minimoog, oh... and some guitars.

Post by Broadwave » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:38 am

WhinyLittleRunt wrote:The Minimoog Pratt-Read keyboard assembly differs greatly from the standard ones you see on ARPs and SCI units; those rubber parts are not common.
Either way, good luck.
I've never been able to source these :(

MKI (White Face Odysseys) also use the same assembly - I've fixed a few in the past using 2 or 3mm thick neoprene strips (cut from a sheet), the actuator pin hole was made with a rotary punch and the other end glued onto the main spring block with rubber cement.

Hope this helps.

solar1

Post by solar1 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:59 pm

I just registered here. I know its an old thread, but, I do have a small quantity of the actuators.
you may pm me if you wish