Roland Juno-106 Voice Selection Malfunction

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
rosestudios

Roland Juno-106 Voice Selection Malfunction

Post by rosestudios » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:43 am

Hey all,

First post here, hoping to find some assistance! I've currently got a Juno-106 in need of repairs. At first it had the classic memory save problem, which I rectified by opening the synth up and soldiering in a new backup battery, and now the memory save works. However, now I cannot select the 4' voice option, although the 8' and 16' work fine. It worked before I opened up the synthesizer.

Anyone well versed in this that can point me to the right components to check? I've got access to the service manual and can read basic schematics but something pointing me in the right direction would be great.

Thanks a bunch!

dstrength

Re: Roland Juno-106 Voice Selection Malfunction

Post by dstrength » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:04 pm

Pretty common issue. The tact switches tend to fail over time. Part of the typical restore practice is to replace all of them. Suitable replacement parts are: Multicomp MC32862, or ALPS SKHHPKA010. I use the ALPS ones.

rosestudios

Re: Roland Juno-106 Voice Selection Malfunction

Post by rosestudios » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:48 pm

Thanks so much for your reply, will order the ALPS switch and report back my findings after I replace it!