DX7 no sound (i think it's not the Battery)

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
funkybunch

DX7 no sound (i think it's not the Battery)

Post by funkybunch » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:03 am

I get no sound on the DX7. Headphones and Volume out didn't work. The Battery have to be changed, but before i did a SysEx Dump for trying a few Preset Sounds. They are saved until i turn the DX7 off. I tried an initial Sound, without success. The local mode is on and the keys work. I also tried to play a track via midi.... nothing... :(

When i turn the volume up, the noise of the preamp will get a little bit louder. But that's all.

Anyone has an idea what might be the cause? :?:

JeEA

Re: DX7 no sound (i think it's not the Battery)

Post by JeEA » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:24 pm

Have You changed the battery.
Data Will be garbish if the memory backup is gone.
I would change it and dump sounds to it via sysex
and try again to see if it had helped.

Cheers

huntercomplex

Post by huntercomplex » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:18 pm

I have the same problem. I just had the battery replaced, but that didn't solve the problem. Any help would be very much appreciated!

gslug
Gear: Jupiter 6, Juno 106, MKS-50, DX7, TX81Z, Emulator II (dead), DPX-1, EPS 16 Plus, x0xb0x, Shruthi, TR-707, 9090, MIDIbox MB6582, MIDIbox Seq V4

Post by gslug » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:59 pm

There is a relay on the output of the DX7, intended to mute it during power down. Mine occasionally fails to unmute on power on, so I'd suspect this. I keep meaning to replace mine, but haven’t been able to find a part number. You could probably get away with removing it and bridging the appropriate pins.