How much would a arp omni 1 fetch in uk

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

How much would a arp omni 1 fetch in uk

Postby princefan3 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:23 pm

Hi all...I'm looking to sell my Arp Omni 1 which I have had overhauled with brand new power supply and all tants changed...
Just wondering what it could go for in the UK.
I see the Arp Omni 2s are now fetching somewhere between £1200 to £1500 now for top spec.

Any clues out there....Cheers.
princefan3

Re: How much would a arp omni 1 fetch in uk

Postby dstrength » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:39 pm

I restore tons of Omni's and Omni 2's. I usually get $800-$1000 for a fully restored Omni. The Omni 2's indeed sell for more: $1100-$1300.

Why? It makes no sense what so ever. The Omni 1 sounds better in my opinion. And the bass goes through the synth filter...which it doesn't on the Omni 2.
dstrength

Re: How much would a arp omni 1 fetch in uk

Postby madtheory » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:22 pm

That's probably because the Mk.2 bass synth section has its own (preset) filter, and there is selectable envelope triggering to better mitigate the limitation of a single envelope. Maybe the chorus circuit was lower bandwidth on the Mk.1, giving a warmer sound?

I love the sound of most string synths but IMO they're better sampled (round robin style) because most of them don't have an envelope for each voice.
madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Novation KSR, PT12, VCZ, Redmatica, MIDIQuest, Casio FZ, SK5, Komplete, M1, Theremin, Digi Vocalist, Quadravrb+, Kaoss Pad, JV, SPD, Cyclone, Drummer.
Band: madtheory

Return to HELP!