Yamaha CS1X Mixer Map Cubase 5

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Yamaha CS1X Mixer Map Cubase 5

Postby paudical » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:29 pm

Hello, first post... I have huge gaps in my knowledge so don't be afraid to explain like I'm five.

I own a Yamaha CS1X and I just learned about mixer maps which would appear to offer me a lot more ease of control when it comes to programming. I want to use this Yamaha XG mixer map in Cubase (I happen to be using Cubase 5 which is what the author refers to):

http://www.studio4all.de/htmle/main70.html

Here are the installation instuctions:

http://www.studio4all.de/htmle/main75.html

The site doesn't explicitly state that it works with a CS1X but every component of the mixer map seems to correspond to features of the CS1X so I'm guessing it does. However I'm immediately lost while trying to follow the installation instructions.

One thing... the files are ".MIX"... I've read elsewhere that these were updated to ".XML" in later versions of Cubase. Is that what I need? Although the page refers to Cubase 5.

Regarding the instructions:

"Start the program 'MME Setup' of Cubase 5." ... I don't know where this is!

"Start Cubase, create a MIDI track and select as 'type' for this track 'Mix track'." ... I don't see this option.

"Load a mixer map into this track." ... I don't know how to load a mixer map. Besides FILE/IMPORT(?) which asks for .XML

I'm lost basically so any help would be much appreciated. I'm really excited by those screenshots! :P
paudical

Re: Yamaha CS1X Mixer Map Cubase 5

Postby meatballfulton » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:22 pm

Read this and this (includes cs1x mixer map download link).

I can't answer any questions because I have never used either a CS1x or old versions of Cubase, but I was able to google these links in about 5 minutes.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.
meatballfulton

Gear: Live 9, Logic Pro X

Re: Yamaha CS1X Mixer Map Cubase 5

Postby paudical » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:01 am

I appreciate you googling those. The mixermap you linked to I was aware of and I would like to use that too but it is also in .MIX format.

I also previously read the SOS article but it does not really help with specific information about how to use these .MIX files.
paudical

Return to HELP!