Yamaha DX7 SuperMAX unresponsive/uncontrollable keys.

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
Glamourshots

Yamaha DX7 SuperMAX unresponsive/uncontrollable keys.

Post by Glamourshots » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:28 pm

Hey so I recently installed the SuperMAX board on my DX7. Was working great. And all of a sudden it froze up and completely started glitching out. Turned it off, was working fine for a bit then all of a sudden keys have become unresponsive and when they do come in, it sounds like the course filter is all the way up on every operator, so it produces a very loud and metallic sound for a second then will go back to normal. The thing is the person who installed the board with me bent a pin on the original chip so I can't take the superMAX out to see if it's an actual voice issue or if the board is damaged before I spend money on shipping it to a tech. Has anyone else dealt with this before? I reopened it and the board is still in place and all the soldering and connections looks to be good.

BLZProductions

Re: Yamaha DX7 SuperMAX unresponsive/uncontrollable keys.

Post by BLZProductions » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:23 pm

Hi

Did you ever get to the bottom of this issue?

I'm having similar issues with a SuperMax. It's already been replaced once, and the replacement doesn't work.
Tried it in 2 different DX7s as well.

Cheers

B