Would anyone have the sysex Europa patches for the Jupiter 6

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
clegg

Would anyone have the sysex Europa patches for the Jupiter 6

Post by clegg » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:30 pm

I had some old patches in wav that I loaded into Roland code. I wanted to bring them into Europa so I dumped the existing Europa patches in Sysex to my PC to reload them later.

- Then I loaded the wav patches from roland code to Europa (By pressing portamento at boot).
- Then I sent those patches to my PC in sysex . When I reloaded the Europa patches back to my JUP6, it seems to be a little buggy. Main thing I noticed is that when using my sequencer (mpc 2000XL), and Local is on on the JUP6, poly uses two voices for each note pressed (so I can only play three notes at a time.)

This wasn't the case before. If I disable Local on, all seems fine.

Anyway I could have possibly not exported the sysex correctly and that's why it's not working as it should?

By the way, this happens on all the patch banks (A-F). It didn't have this issue prior to exporting the banks.

If anyone has a Europa factory patch set please send it over.

Cheers!

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Flangebeast Mk1, Plonkotron, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, Thermostat, Buck Owens' Moog.
Band: Minim

Re: Would anyone have the sysex Europa patches for the Jupit

Post by madtheory » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:44 pm

The problem is not the patches. Everything is actually working correctly here! MIDI sequencing 101:
When you are playing, the Jup keyboard internally triggers the synth. With Local On it is also sending out a MIDI note on. Your sequencer is sending these note on messages back in to the Jup via MIDI and thereby double triggering it, halving your polyphony. So turn Local Off when using a sequencer, that way internal triggering is disabled and the Jup is played via MIDI in only.

clegg

Re: Would anyone have the sysex Europa patches for the Jupit

Post by clegg » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:46 pm

Thanks for your reply.

I could have sworn it wasn't doing it prior to the dumps... Maybe I'm just being paranoid.
Thanks for the help!