CS1X MIDI in/out not working

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Re: CS1X MIDI in/out not working

Postby sgsii » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:37 pm

Rasputin wrote:Good sleuthing!

The next thing you can try is to pass the CS1X to your other keyboard and then have the keyboard pass on all MIDI data to the computer. That might be a workaround to get the CS1X to talk to the computer, by using the other keyboard as a translator of sorts.

The idea is to see if it's a physical incompatibility rather than some communication standard glitch / bad driver, etc.

I had the same kind of thought but disappointingly the NP11 doesn't have a thru port :(
sgsii

Postby ʝɵʝɵ » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:16 am

Note that if drivers are still being updated for your interface, and if it turns out to be an interface problem, you shouldn't hesitate to contact the manufacturer with this information. I used to have problems with my soundcard's MIDI interface with the CS1x and AN1x (though it was a different issue), but the issue was resolved in a later driver version after I contacted the manufacturer.
ʝɵʝɵ

Gear: Roland D-50, U-220, XV-5080, Yamaha AN1x, CS1x, CS6R, TG77, Korg X5DR, Kawai K4, Kurzweil K2500

Postby sgsii » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:03 pm

ʝɵʝɵ wrote:Note that if drivers are still being updated for your interface, and if it turns out to be an interface problem, you shouldn't hesitate to contact the manufacturer with this information. I used to have problems with my soundcard's MIDI interface with the CS1x and AN1x (though it was a different issue), but the issue was resolved in a later driver version after I contacted the manufacturer.

Reported the issue to Creative Technology. Let's see how creative they are ;)
sgsii

Postby Raysed » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:27 pm

Lend this thread little, I also have a yamaha cs1x that i want to use with fl studio, i use a cheap midi to usb adabter from banggood to connect it to my pc.

With the test program midi-ox, I get almost full contact with my keyboard, the program finds the keyboard's audio library and knobs example sustain and modulation and everything works perfectly. it works when I play tones or chords from the computer keyboard to the keyboard and i hear the keyboards tones, but when i try to playing tones to the computer that not sending any singnals from the keyboard. I do not get my keyboard to send tones or the singnals, the keyboard simply does not send any singnals to my PC :cry: .

After a factory reset of my keyboard I have set the transmitter channel to CH2 and the receiver channel
A to CH1, 5 to CH5 ... local is off and also midi device no. has tested a lot of these settings without success.

Has connected the cables to the keyboard correctly it wants to say IN to OUT and OUT to IN. The signal lamp OUT on the midi adapter flashes when I play notes from the computer to the keyboard or change the settings of the keyboard, the signal lamp IN lights constantly without any flashes when in the keys and knobs.

When I start fl studio and turn on automatic acceptance of devices and select a random knob to check, a link is created from CH265 with 0% rash.

What can i do to get my keyboard to send out singnals so i can use it for fl studio, tack för svar

Link to the midi adpter
https://www.banggood.com/USB-Midi-Cable ... rehouse=CN
Raysed

Postby meatballfulton » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:58 pm

MIDI does not transfer audio. Since you wrote "tones" I'm thinking you meant audio from the CS1x. To get audio into the computer you need an audio interface (many also have MIDI interfaces built in).

You should be able to use the MIDI from the CS1x to play software instruments in FL Studio.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.
meatballfulton

Gear: Live 9, Logic Pro X

Postby Raysed » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:38 am

meatballfulton wrote:MIDI does not transfer audio. Since you wrote "tones" I'm thinking you meant audio from the CS1x. To get audio into the computer you need an audio interface (many also have MIDI interfaces built in).

You should be able to use the MIDI from the CS1x to play software instruments in FL Studio.

yes I know that midi not transfer audio, (sorry for my bad english). that I mean is when I send tones/midi signals to my CS1x from my pc and have local off, the CS1x generate tones/sound. but when i try to send tones/midi signals (press some keys) from my CS1x to my pc, the CS1x not sending any signals that i pressing some keys on the keyboard or the knobs. Midi-ox show that it´s not receiving any singnals from the CS1x:s when i press some keys.

I think some setting or something is wrong with my CS1x becuse the IN lamp on usb mdi adapter show that my CS1x sends signals constantly. Image

edit. when I dissconnect my audio cable from the CS1x:s phones-contact I could not belive my eyes, the IN
lamp begin to flash and light when i press some keys or knobs. both midi-ox and fl studio work now whit my CS1x.

however, I cannot send tones/midi-signals from fl studio to my CS1x even if that not is the whole world.

one more problem is the response in fl studio, in midi-ox the response is absolute perfekt but in fl studio the response is slow and sometimes that not work all time at all, which is very disturbing. in my CS1x:s settings I have set vel curve to normal and vel fix to 120 for it to work at all.

Yet another problem is the signal-curves from the knobs, that work fine from 0-30% and 70-100%. but between ~30-70% the signals not goes linear without hacks and get a output between 0/50/100%.

what can I do to fix the bad midi response in fl studio and non-linear outpus signal from the knobs?
Raysed

Postby meatballfulton » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:03 pm

If your "cheap adapter" is one of those cable style MIDI interfaces, I would start suspecting that. A lot of those cheap interfaces do not work properly. See if you can borrow a different model interface, or buy one with a return guarantee.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.
meatballfulton

Gear: Live 9, Logic Pro X

Previous

Return to HELP!