Amp question

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
DocDeF4U17
Gear: Yamaha Clavinova CLP-250 with missing legs, Yamaha PSS-470, Korg ElectribER-1

Amp question

Post by DocDeF4U17 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:49 am

I use guitar amps for keyboard since I play guitar but Ive got an old crate amp 112 thats going out right now on both the channells it has as far as sound dampening then fading out to nothing, anyway been using the 'effects loop' on the amp since, and I love it even though it lacks volume control etc. but was wondering if anyone knew why this still worked :hifi:
If you make good music outside, animals will visit

Big Gnome
Gear: E-mu Proteus 2500
Ensoniq ESQ-1
Ensoniq VFX
SCI Prelude
Waldorf Blofeld
Band: The Nondescript

Re: Amp question

Post by Big Gnome » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:53 pm

Generally the effects loop bypasses the preamp (and any issues that has), so you're plugging directly into the power amp.
"Sure that's fine in practice, but what about in theory?"
Some of my c**p

DocDeF4U17
Gear: Yamaha Clavinova CLP-250 with missing legs, Yamaha PSS-470, Korg ElectribER-1

Re: Amp question

Post by DocDeF4U17 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:34 am

Hmm kinda get it, just wondering if the effects loop on my amp is going to be as faulty, I took this amp to an amp doctor and he told me it wasnt worth it to fix but has been a good project amp as ive already swapped speakers and worked on the grill clothe etc.
If you make good music outside, animals will visit