Blade Runner 2049

Synthheads discuss the not directly synth-related stuff.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines
Note: This forum is routinely purged. Topics will be deleted after 30 days with no replies. Think of "Off Topic" as a place to discuss what's on your mind, and have fun. If you feel a topic deserves to live on permanently, you should ask a Moderator if they would consider making it a "Sticky".

Blade Runner 2049

Postby Walter Ego » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:15 pm

I'm seeing the sequel on Friday, and the original Final Cut in a theatre tonight!

Who's excited for this movie?!
Walter Ego
seamonkey wrote:I nominate this for STUPIDEST THREAD ever in the history of the internez. ;)
Walter Ego

Gear: Various noisemakers hidden around my home and classroom. And a great quantity of caffeine.
Band: 12"VS

Re: Blade Runner 2049

Postby Blue Monster 65 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:25 pm

Yes. I’ve seen the original (in various forms) in the theatre 17 times. Can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen it on video. Really excited to see what’s next.
Muhahahahahahahahaha!
Blue Monster 65
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Postby meatballfulton » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:50 pm

I'm more worried than excited...most such sequels suck :?

Waiting for the Zimmer vs. Vangelis flame wars to crash the inetrwebz.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.
meatballfulton

Gear: Live 9, Logic Pro X

Postby gcoudert » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:14 pm

I’m excited but I want to see the original again before I watch the new one. I haven’t seen it since the late 80s although I know the soundtrack note for note. Hopefully it’ll be on Sky or whatever.
GC
gcoudert
Expert Member
Expert Member

Gear: Roland Fantom X7 with Ultimate Keys expansion, Yamaha TX802, Roland JP-8080, Tascam DP-24SD.

Postby KoreyNett » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:20 pm

So hyped up for Blade Runner, especially after seeing the intial reactions from people. Unfortunately I'm forced to wait until next week as I promised a friend we'll go together. He's on a business trip at the moment.
KoreyNett

Postby Blue Monster 65 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:32 pm

I really dug it. Very different from the original, but fantastic in its own right.
Muhahahahahahahahaha!
Blue Monster 65
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Postby Walter Ego » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:40 pm

I saw it on opening night. I was excited going in...

While I think it was a pretty good movie in its own right, I was disappointed by a number of things.

The soundtrack was a major disappointment. Just big brassy one note blasts. It was very loud...it just had the feel of a three hour generic action movie trailer. I would have thought it would be some kind of tribute to the original. Some patches felt kind of Vangelis-y but on the whole it was not very musical.

I thought the movie itself suffered from too much dialogue--instead of letting the viewer figure out the plot, characters spelled everything out. The Deckard from this movie spoke way more than the Deckard of the original. I like the director's other work, and I think he is capable of showing not telling, but there was a lot of telling in this one. Although I guess I'm comparing it to the version of BR without the voice overs.

Anywho, I thought it was good, but making a follow up to such a beloved cult movie was a bit risky. I don't know that it ultimately paid off. Still, I enjoyed it.
Walter Ego
seamonkey wrote:I nominate this for STUPIDEST THREAD ever in the history of the internez. ;)
Walter Ego

Gear: Various noisemakers hidden around my home and classroom. And a great quantity of caffeine.

Postby Zamise » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:18 am

I liked his jacket and the giant naked hologram. That was it. Crash your hovercar in boonies, no prob hitchiking i guess, bam your back. Also if somebody is looking for you first thing you should always do is go visit your loved ones. Not too sure about building security in 2047, nobody will see you unless you take a test that makes you say the same word over a bunch of times. DNA sequences kept on microfishe, control f that sucker dude. Backup your hollosexbotwife and put a password on it you stupid arsehole.
Last edited by Zamise on Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
<ZQS> [....<OII>.....soundcloud player v2.42.....................link]
Zamise
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Rollhand P00
Band: Quantum-Source

Postby Baus » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:06 am

I watched the movie in Dolby 3D whatever they call it and I was surprised by that. Really nice.

I liked the story and I will not go into that.

The soundtrack...hmmm...I was actually surprised to read it was done by Hans Zimmer. I highly respect his work and what he has done. I did not know he did this movie as well. To me it felt like something I could have done, musically. I was not impressed at all. The soundtrack did not catch me so much.... it did not give me the feeling of being in the first Bladerunner movie.

Overall it's a good and entertaining movie. I liked it.
Baus

Postby Walter Ego » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:58 pm

Zamise wrote:I liked his jacket and the giant naked hologram. That was it. Crash your hovercar in boonies, no prob hitchiking i guess, bam your back. Also if somebody is looking for you first thing you should always do is go visit your loved ones. Not too sure about building security in 2047, nobody will see you unless you take a test that makes you say the same word over a bunch of times. DNA sequences kept on microfishe, control f that sucker dude. Backup your hollosexbotwife and put a password on it you stupid arsehole.

Yeah. Some serious plot holes, no doubt.
Walter Ego
Walter Ego

Postby meatballfulton » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:31 am

meatballfulton wrote:I'm more worried than excited...most such sequels suck :?

I'm really not getting a good feeling about this...
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.
meatballfulton

Gear: Live 9, Logic Pro X

Postby Walter Ego » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:20 pm

meatballfulton wrote:
meatballfulton wrote:I'm more worried than excited...most such sequels suck :?

I'm really not getting a good feeling about this...

I don't know if there's going to be much of a flame war. Zimmer kinda phoned it in. Though some people really seem to like the soundtrack for some reason.
Walter Ego
Walter Ego

Postby alicec28 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:13 am

KoreyNett wrote:So hyped up for Blade Runner, especially after seeing the intial reactions from people. Unfortunately I'm forced to wait until next week assurances deces as I promised a friend we'll go together. He's on a business trip at the moment.

I feel like I live the dred judge episode with the movie blade runner, but it is very well designed.
alicec28

Postby wiss » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:43 pm

I went to the new Blade Runner. I paid $6 for the matniee, $12 for popcorn and soda, purchased my Last Jedi tickets, and for 3 hours I did not have to think about anything. After leaving the film, I went home, and was excited that I had my tickets for Star Wars.
"All we used was the explosion and the orchestra hit. The Fairlight was a $100,000 waste of space."
wiss
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: it's all being sold to fund new gear

Postby balma » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:58 am

wiss wrote:I went to the new Blade Runner. I paid $6 for the matniee, $12 for popcorn and soda, purchased my Last Jedi tickets, and for 3 hours I did not have to think about anything. After leaving the film, I went home, and was excited that I had my tickets for Star Wars.

enough for me. I'm gonna download the CAM version right now....

https://uloz.to/!ho7atRk2XVvM/blade-run ... 4mst3r-mkv
His sex dungeons are rumored to hold hundreds of people in secret locations around the world.
https://soundcloud.com/balma
balma
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: DSI Tempest/Prophet 08/Roland V-Synth/Ensoniq Fizmo/E-mu MP7-XL7/Electribe ESX1/Radias/Waldorf MicroQ

Next

Return to Off Topic