Synth Junkies Who're Guitar Junkies Too

Synthheads discuss the not directly synth-related stuff.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines
Note: This forum is routinely purged. Topics will be deleted after 30 days with no replies. Think of "Off Topic" as a place to discuss what's on your mind, and have fun. If you feel a topic deserves to live on permanently, you should ask a Moderator if they would consider making it a "Sticky".

Re: Synth Junkies Who're Guitar Junkies Too

Postby commodorejohn » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:34 am

Managed to snag a good deal on a proper guitar amp off Craigslist. It's a Marshall DLS40C 20/40W tube amp, and it sounds sweet and kicks some serious a*s even with the volume down to keep the neighbors happy (didn't get home with it until almost 9:00) - I'm gonna have to try cranking it up come Saturday morning just to see what happens :D

Still need a bass amp, though. I've heard horror stories about using a guitar amp with basses - this seems to get along okay with mine at low volume, but a low D gets worryingly close to what sounds like danger territory, so I'm hesitant to try turning it up much.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
commodorejohn
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: Roland JX-10/SH-09/MT-32/D-50, Yamaha DX7-II/V50/TX7/TG33/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini/ARP Odyssey/DW-8000/X5DR, Ensoniq SQ-80, Oberheim SEM

Re: Synth Junkies Who're Guitar Junkies Too

Postby Hyde » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:47 pm

I was building professionally for a while so, I guess you could say I'm a guitar junkie too ;)

Makin' Noises
Hyde

Gear: Ensoniq Mirage-EPS-EPS16-ASR10
Ensoniq SQ1-SQ1+
Akai S2000
E-MU ESI2000

Previous

Return to Off Topic