syndae - podcast on fine electronic music

Come here for topics reviewing and sharing songs, tracks, music, synth demos, etc.

syndae - episode 445

Postby treibklang » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:00 pm

I am not really into birthdays, but when it comes to the podcast anniversary, other dates of celebration pop up. Like the one by Klaus Schulze, which got celebrated by a tribute album, too. I'm also close to celebrate the weather turning milder, as me and my body are not made for hot temperatures. A big welcome to temperatures below 30 Celsius. Seems a good time to go party. Well, I kind of will for the release of the syndae CD, which will happen at Spaceworks in Hagen. I admit, it's a small location and occasion, but it's where it all started. The podcast's birthplace so to say. And I hope that some of you listeners will join me. But for tonight, let's celebrate with cool music brought to live by Klaus Schulze (Silhouettes), Ansgar Stock (In Love With the Moon), i-One (Singularity), Pharamond (Naturalis Historia), Sonic Chain (The Sound of Syndae).

Party with care on
https://www.syndae.de/episodes/821-episode-445

Yours, Stefan
treibklang

syndae - episode 446

Postby treibklang » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:59 pm

I am no historian in musical instruments, but I would assume that percussive instruments are some of the oldest on earth. It seems so natural to me to simply start with a rhythm by tapping fingers. Before music, such beats could surely be useful for longer distance communication purposes. Drums surely came in with rites and were always good for some dancing. I usually prefeer a bit more complex, unusal and variation rich drum and percussion sequences. But on some occasions, straight forward beats do a good job of clearing my head. Well, tonight's edition will go for the latter so you may get up and move your body. Have drum fun with tracks by Liveloula & Atrus (Liveloula & Friends), Johanna von Pfeife (Devotional Dreaming), MegaHast3r (Rendering Again), Matti T (Colors), In Vitro (Transdimensional Woods), and Stan Dart (The Sound of Syndae).

In the beat of the night on
https://www.syndae.de/episodes/822-episode-446

Yours, Stefan
treibklang

Previous

Return to The Listening Lounge