Cover of Cosmic Hoffmann's "Space Disco"

Come here for topics reviewing and sharing songs, tracks, music, synth demos, etc.
NewEnglandSynthOrch
Gear: Too many
Band: New England Synth Orchestra

Cover of Cosmic Hoffmann's "Space Disco"

Post by NewEnglandSynthOrch » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:15 am

Having given feedback on a few tracks here, I decided to take the plunge and have one of my own works critiqued. This one is a cover of a track called "Space Disco" by Cosmic Hoffmann. Who is he, you may ask? Cosmic Hoffmann - real name Klaus Hoffmann-Hoock - was a German musician who produced a number of space-themed tracks from the 1970s up until his death in 2017. He was also one of the few who could repair a Mellotron. Among his compositions was a work called "Space Disco" - aka "Spaceflight" - originally recorded in 1978 for a film project that never got off the ground. It was re-recorded in 1982 and sold as the B-side to a song called "Weltraumboogie".

Now, about my composition: it was performed and recorded using FL Studio and Audacity, with a mix of automation and my own manual playing. The plugins I used are:
  • Moog Minimoog (MinDy S) by K Brown
  • ARP Odyssey (Tonus 2813) by K Brown
  • Oberheim Two-Voice (Obie 2V) by K Brown
  • Synton Syrinx (CyRinx) by K Brown
  • Sequential Circuits Prophet-5 (scP5) by EFM
  • Fender Rhodes (MrRay73) by GSi
  • Apollo Sequencer by Meesha
All drum and percussion sounds are pre-recorded samples from Freedrumkits.net and philharmonia.co.uk

Basically, the sort of feedback I'm looking for is 1. Whether the track is mixed well, and 2. Whether I did a good job recording it. In short, I just want to know if it's good enough for release to the general public. Without further ado, here's an exclusive link for you synth-heads: https://clyp.it/b5t3hxbs?token=73828d2d ... fa22615e90
New England Synth Orchestra - We Rule the Nightlife