new d'n'b track

Come here for topics reviewing and sharing songs, tracks, music, synth demos, etc.
pix

new d'n'b track

Post by pix » Sat May 12, 2007 10:12 pm

the intro looks nothing like it but there's some dnb coming around 2.30.

have fun!

http://pixmusic.net/audio/acidbase.mp3

comments welcome

jrmatix

Post by jrmatix » Sat May 19, 2007 7:09 am

I cannot believe you haven't received any comments on this song. I've been lurking on the VS forum for awhile now and this is by far the most polished, pro sounding track I've heard. Exceptional!
Last edited by jrmatix on Thu May 31, 2007 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

GeneralBigbag

Post by GeneralBigbag » Wed May 30, 2007 10:36 pm

The production is good indeed and the sounds are interesting.
You can take this either way, but what I'm hearing is a solid, stock dnb track. Like said, the sounds are crisp, and appropriate for the style, but they're also pretty generic to the style, as is the general riffage. If someone asked me for something to fit into a set at their club night, I can totally see playing them this as an example, but if a dnb head said they wanted to hear something fresh and totally different, this would not be it.
virb.com/ookpikk

pix

Post by pix » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:09 am

ah, I missed these posts.

I agree with you GBB. at the time I only had the SH101 and the moog LP. Those made all the bass/nasty sounds but I didn't have a VA with me, so I had to use a couple of (not so good) samples.

I may remix it at some point and add better elements now that I have the virus. I'm sure it'd give the track a bigger dimension and more edge.

thanks for listening and for the comments.

ned-ryarson

Post by ned-ryarson » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:22 am

good s**t man.
what did u use for the opening pad sound in 6.am. very warm

Carey M
Gear: Akai Miniak, Fender Chroma Polaris, Moog Sub Phatty, Roland SH-101, Roland Jupiter-4, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Komplete 8, Reaper, iPad, beer
Band: Nightsatan

Post by Carey M » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:45 pm

dddoherty@hotmail.com wrote:good s**t man.
what did u use for the opening pad sound in 6.am. very warm
I agree. Good s**t indeed. Also lovin' that opening pad.

- CM

pix

Post by pix » Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:54 am

it was a pad from absynth 3. can't recall the name though, but the sound is great. :)

Shanesaw
Gear: Ultranova, Minibrute, Microbrute, Spark, microKORG, microX,

Post by Shanesaw » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:22 am

VERY cool! The only thing I was waiting for was a couple of those sick d n b break downs in there. Other that that this tune rocks!

MrHope
No Longer Registered

Post by MrHope » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:23 pm

The intro makes a nice IDM kind of piece. I started to lose interest with the DNB section, but that's just because I'm losing interest with DNB altogether lately. The song overall is interesting.

yburn

Post by yburn » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:31 am

I actually preferred the D+B bit. The intro sounds are out of tune with each other, the lead and bass, the bass is really sharp and grated on my ears. I really like the tremelo'd lead in the middle and the fill effects build the track up nicely.
Q, Pulse, MW1, CS60, MEK,

crystalmsc
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: uWaveXT,uQ,Pulse+;Ion;MiniBrt,Karma,Mntrb,Volcas,01R;Venom,NordModular,L2X;Evolver;JP8080,MKS70,JD990,D50,MC909,MC80ex,Microcon2;TG77,RS7k,AN200,AN1x
Band: Crystaline

Post by crystalmsc » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:35 am

pix wrote:at the time I only had the SH101 and the moog LP. Those made all the bass/nasty sounds but I didn't have a VA with me, so I had to use a couple of (not so good) samples.
what a good track..and it sounds even better that there's actually only two hardware synths being used that works effectively well. no worries, everything works well..I didn't hear any weak samples part. the overall track sounds very good and musical. not often that I could enjoy a 9 mnts song, but I listen to this for several times :) well done!
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
http://crystaline.bandcamp.com
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums