SEMblance demo

Come here for topics reviewing and sharing songs, tracks, music, synth demos, etc.
Shanesaw
Gear: Ultranova, Minibrute, Microbrute, Spark, microKORG, microX,

SEMblance demo

Post by Shanesaw » Sat May 26, 2007 12:22 am

It's been a while since I posted anything here. This is about 2o seconds short of a 4 minute demo of some of the sounds the SEMblance is capable of. The mp3 was alot longer but I had to trim it down quite a bit. Ok so no effects with the exception of the last clip. I used the Digitech Bad Monkey tube distortion pedal for an acid effect. Also the arpeggio's are triggered by the Nord.
I tried to nail REwire's "joyce-joyce" sound that he did with his real OB SEM's towards the end as well.
Now for the subjective viewpoint: This kit is a monster! The filter sounds great and you have Low, band, hi, and notch which is variable from low to hi. No self-resonance but she'll still scream quite a bit.

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplaye ... 82171&q=hi
"There was never a notion that a synthesizer would be used by itself for anything" - Robert Moog (1934-2005)

Carey M
Gear: Akai Miniak, Fender Chroma Polaris, Moog Sub Phatty, Roland SH-101, Roland Jupiter-4, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Komplete 8, Reaper, iPad, beer
Band: Nightsatan

Post by Carey M » Sat May 26, 2007 8:08 pm

There aren't too many SEMblance demos around so your effort is very much appreciated. Doesn't sound very SEMish (and it's not advertised so), but it does sound nice.

- CM

Shanesaw

Post by Shanesaw » Sun May 27, 2007 3:21 am

Thanks Carey. I noticed that there are not to many SEMblance demo's anywhere on the net. I've never heard a real SEM in person but I am very happy with the tone of the semblance. A little off topic here - I'm building a track with only semblance tones and i'm finding it very easy to create the sounds I need. There's about 8 tracks of semblance-only stuff so far but once I get close to finishing it up I will post-up.
-Shane
"There was never a notion that a synthesizer would be used by itself for anything" - Robert Moog (1934-2005)

REwire

Post by REwire » Tue May 29, 2007 6:00 pm

There's some sounds in there that sound much like my SEM. Glad to finally hear this thing, so many have dissed it over the years. It stands alone as an interesting synth and love the thick sound and that bit at the end. I didn't even know how I got that sound thought my "Joice" sound had a bit more of an 'I'm Dying' feel.

Dan
Buchla, Serge & Eurorack Modular; EML101; Minimoog; Synthacon; MS20; Nord2; NordG1; PolyEvoRack; MKS80; MKS50; TB303; Electribe EMX1; JV1080
http://www.REwireMusic.com

shaft9000
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Whips chains waxes oils dildos DMT TNT the LHC, and a black rubber duckie
Band: moneymoneymoney

Post by shaft9000 » Tue May 29, 2007 6:58 pm

the subsonic bass intro is sweeeeeet
2600.solus.modcan a.eurorack.cs60.JP8.Juno6.A6.sunsyn.volcakeys.jd990.tb303.x0xb0x.revolution.
999.m1am1.RY30.svc350.memotron

shaft9000.muffwiggler.com <- singles & mixtape
shaft9000.bandcamp.com <- spacemusic album
youtube.com/shaft9000 <- various synth demos and studies

Shanesaw

Post by Shanesaw » Wed May 30, 2007 12:11 am

Yeah the basses it can produce are excellent IMO. Dan, do you have anything in the works using your SEM's? I'd really like to hear more from those little gems.