May I have 4 minutes and 45 seconds of your time?

Come here for topics reviewing and sharing songs, tracks, music, synth demos, etc.
Shanesaw
Gear: Ultranova, Minibrute, Microbrute, Spark, microKORG, microX,

May I have 4 minutes and 45 seconds of your time?

Post by Shanesaw » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:22 am

Here's a track I made using mostly the SEMblance and i'll break it down for you. The kick, metalic hi-hat sound, deep bass, square bass, the FM pitched up sound and the radio noise at the end are the SEMblance. Two midi tracks are another hi-hat sequence and a snare sequence from Live 6. The sound that you hear right after the FM sound is the PEK but thats the only sound from it. Effects used are the D-pole filter for bit reduction and some reverb, delay, and compression here and there. 9 tracks total triggered with an Oxygen 8 controller.
It's a little repetitive but its a fun song and I had fun making it. I tried the ole' "burn it to CD and try it in the car" trick and it did ok I think. It's just hard to mix accurately in this room i'm in. Anyway, check it out and give me some feedback please!

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplaye ... 50297&q=hi
"There was never a notion that a synthesizer would be used by itself for anything" - Robert Moog (1934-2005)

GeneralBigbag

Post by GeneralBigbag » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:11 pm

Well I enjoyed that. Impressive range of sounds from the SEMblance there...kind of makes me...want....one :)
virb.com/ookpikk

Shanesaw

Post by Shanesaw » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:10 pm

Thanks. My next task is to make a track with just the SEMblance using little or no effects. It's tricky but it sure makes you think differently.
"There was never a notion that a synthesizer would be used by itself for anything" - Robert Moog (1934-2005)

REwire

Post by REwire » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:52 pm

Pretty cool. I like the kick sound and the bass nicely blends with it. Also the FM'y and backward sounding percussion and that hawaiian sounding rising synth too. Good catchy rhythm.

Semblance turns out to be a very good sounding synth. Does not evoke the sound of a SEM at all but I could see having along side my SEMS. Do some stuff where you open it up with some heavy saws and PWM.

D
Buchla, Serge & Eurorack Modular; EML101; Minimoog; Synthacon; MS20; Nord2; NordG1; PolyEvoRack; MKS80; MKS50; TB303; Electribe EMX1; JV1080
http://www.REwireMusic.com

Shanesaw

Post by Shanesaw » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:15 am

Thanks Dan. You know, PWM is something i've tried but have not used yet in any songs. I wished there were two separate LFO's so I could do PWM at different rates per osc...fatness! Hmm, i'm getting some ideas now...

Dan (and anyone else with SEMs) if your not to busy with other projects, could you whip up a little something with your SEMs? I'd really like to hear more from the real deal.

ned-ryarson

Re: May I have 4 minutes and 45 seconds of your time?

Post by ned-ryarson » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:53 am

[ I tried the ole' "burn it to CD and try it in the car" trick and it did ok I think.

the car never lies!
good tune

shaft9000
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Whips chains waxes oils dildos DMT TNT the LHC, and a black rubber duckie
Band: moneymoneymoney

Post by shaft9000 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:10 pm

nice jam there, keep it up
2600.solus.modcan a.eurorack.cs60.JP8.Juno6.A6.sunsyn.volcakeys.jd990.tb303.x0xb0x.revolution.
999.m1am1.RY30.svc350.memotron

shaft9000.muffwiggler.com <- singles & mixtape
shaft9000.bandcamp.com <- spacemusic album
youtube.com/shaft9000 <- various synth demos and studies

Shanesaw

Post by Shanesaw » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:04 pm

Thanks guys..glad you liked it!

Shanesaw

Post by Shanesaw » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:08 pm

Thanks guys..glad you liked it!