my first hardware multitracked recording

Come here for topics reviewing and sharing songs, tracks, music, synth demos, etc.
oscillik

my first hardware multitracked recording

Post by oscillik » Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:29 pm

hey everyone.

since i got my Yamaha AW4416 a couple of weeks ago i've been trying to get my head around it all, and i think i'm doing pretty well. so much so that i've come up with a draft of a new track, by me, for your listening pleasure and constructive criticism.

any comments would be great :)

thanks!

http://zebox.com/oscillik/music/

track is called "are you now, or have you ever been?"
KitList:
TB-303
TR-909
TR-808
MC-202
Nord Lead 2x
Machinedrum SPS-1
Atari Falcon030 14MB (Emagic Logic)
Yamaha AW4416 Audio Workstation
Casio SK-1 (Circuit Bent)

ned-ryarson

Post by ned-ryarson » Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:42 am

i like all the sounds in this song, and its mixed quite well. i would prefare the lead at the start to be a bit simpler in terms of the notes being played though, a bit too random i think. all in all its good s**t . nice drums too

Spadz
Gear: Samplers, Synths, Guitars, Yamaha recorder, Atari computer and an 18 year Glenlivet.

Re: my first hardware multitracked recording

Post by Spadz » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:44 am

Hey oscilik, got a question.
I've been thinking for a while to record with a hardware multitracker instead of a computer. I was wondering how you find the experience, and if you had experience with a computer DAW, how do you compare?

Thanks

oscillik wrote:hey everyone.

since i got my Yamaha AW4416 a couple of weeks ago i've been trying to get my head around it all, and i think i'm doing pretty well. so much so that i've come up with a draft of a new track, by me, for your listening pleasure and constructive criticism.

any comments would be great :)

thanks!

http://zebox.com/oscillik/music/

track is called "are you now, or have you ever been?"
If you don't know what you are doing, why are you doing it?

Architecture
Gear: TR909, TR808 Dot Com, Moog LP. x0xb0x, Andromeda A6, AX60, SQ80, EPS, DSI PEK Pot Edition, ASR10, Juno 60.
Band: Architecture!

Post by Architecture » Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:02 am

well you got enough analog gear to justify having a hardware recorder, so you might as well go the next step. It sounds really good from what I am hearing. Very good to be more specific.

for the first song, did you get that title from THX 1138? God I love that movie.

oscillik

Re: my first hardware multitracked recording

Post by oscillik » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:09 am

Spadz wrote:Hey oscilik, got a question.
I've been thinking for a while to record with a hardware multitracker instead of a computer. I was wondering how you find the experience, and if you had experience with a computer DAW, how do you compare?

Thanks
using hardware is a personal preference. i LOVE being able to actual use something, rather than clicking on the screen with a mouse. having said that though, using hardware is a much more drawn out process, and of course editing is limited.

i've used Cubase, and Digital Performer so i have used computer based audio recording :) I've been using my Atari as my main MIDI sequencer
KitList:
TB-303
TR-909
TR-808
MC-202
Nord Lead 2x
Machinedrum SPS-1

oscillik

Post by oscillik » Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:11 am

Architecture wrote:well you got enough analog gear to justify having a hardware recorder, so you might as well go the next step. It sounds really good from what I am hearing. Very good to be more specific.

for the first song, did you get that title from THX 1138? God I love that movie.
yeah i know! unfortunately, i'm having to sell it all :( i'm really going to miss it all.

yes, THX 1138 was where i ripped the title from...fantastic film!
KitList:
TB-303
TR-909
TR-808
MC-202
Nord Lead 2x
Machinedrum SPS-1