Yamaha CS-30 demo

Come here for topics reviewing and sharing songs, tracks, music, synth demos, etc.
otto
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Yamaha CS-30 demo

Post by otto » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:19 pm

A friend requested that I throw together a quick "bassline" style demo of the CS-30 so he could get a better idea if he wanted a CS synth for his style of music. This isn't a song or anything and it isn't my general style of music either, it is just a quick and dirty demonstration of the CS-30. I normally would not have posted something like this but there aren't a lot of CS demo's out there so I thought someone might be interested. No FX, no mixing, when I converted it into an MP3 there was a bit of distorted lowend compression but I'm not going to waste any more time on this.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus ... dID=761400
hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again

sizzlemeister

Post by sizzlemeister » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:14 am

I love your music! The CS demo is nice, but the stuff at your MySpace site is wicked good. Good job!

otto
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by otto » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:21 pm

sizzlemeister wrote:I love your music! The CS demo is nice, but the stuff at your MySpace site is wicked good. Good job!
Thank you, it is nice to hear some positive feedback. I'm very self critical so I really appreciate it. I need to get down to making songs again, those are about a year old. Seems like I do too much programming and messing about for a last few months.

I like what your doing too, your able to get a lot going on without it sounding cluttered. Your track Arggg it reminds me a bit of Mogwai towards the end, which is good IMO.

RobotHeroes
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: a toothed wheel that engages another toothed mechanism in order to change the speed or direction of transmitted motion

Post by RobotHeroes » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:21 am

Great demo otto. I could hear different types of drum beats going along with it in my head. I haven't heard many CS-30 demo's and it sounds pretty good.

Since sizzlemeister bigged you up I had to check out your stuff. I especially liked FitFormFunction. Lot's of great sounds on that piece, lot's of great sounds across all your tracks actually. On your second track within a few seconds I was hearing a real hard beat in my head but the softer marchy kind of beat sounds nice and calm. The third track started out reminded me of Barbie Girl for some reason. The bassline on that track was somewhat weird. The first note sounds too low when you get back to it from the last note in the pattern I think.
"*Automatic Gainsay, you ignorant slut." - Primal Drive

"thanks guys. RobotHeroes, your avatar is the single most important thing on this website. ever. it reminds me that the world actually can be a good place." - rjd2

:happy3:

otto
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by otto » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:38 am

RobotHeroes wrote:Great demo otto. I could hear different types of drum beats going along with it in my head. I haven't heard many CS-30 demo's and it sounds pretty good.

Since sizzlemeister bigged you up I had to check out your stuff. I especially liked FitFormFunction. Lot's of great sounds on that piece, lot's of great sounds across all your tracks actually. On your second track within a few seconds I was hearing a real hard beat in my head but the softer marchy kind of beat sounds nice and calm. The third track started out reminded me of Barbie Girl for some reason. The bassline on that track was somewhat weird. The first note sounds too low when you get back to it from the last note in the pattern I think.
Barbie Girl? You were listening to my stuff right? There are a few things I'd change on those songs but unfortunately besides the completed tracks everything else was lost in a hard-drive crash and I doubt I'll ever go through the trouble of re-creating those songs. Thanks for listening, hopefully someday soon I will have new stuff up.