Prefuse 73

Come here for topics reviewing and sharing songs, tracks, music, synth demos, etc.
wiss
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: it's all being sold to fund new gear

Post by wiss » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:03 pm

ThinkTanx wrote: He is of part Spanish and Cuban descent.
No one can be from Cubian decent. All the orginal people on the Island of Cuba fleed or killed themselves when the Spainards arrived.
"All we used was the explosion and the orchestra hit. The Fairlight was a $100,000 waste of space."

ThinkTanx
Gear: Elektron MnM SFX-6, MD UW MkII * Virus TI * Moog Voyager S.E. * Lemur * Ableton, FM8, Massive, FAW Circle * Distressors, Great River * Genelec 8050A

Post by ThinkTanx » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:45 pm

wiss wrote:
No one can be from Cubian decent. All the orginal people on the Island of Cuba fleed or killed themselves when the Spainards arrived.
Surely, you jest. :)

His mother is Cuban, therefore he is of Cuban descent.

wiss
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by wiss » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:15 am

ThinkTanx wrote:
wiss wrote:

The Indigenous People of CUBA were whiped off the planet over 500 years ago.
"All we used was the explosion and the orchestra hit. The Fairlight was a $100,000 waste of space."

ThinkTanx
Gear: Elektron MnM SFX-6, MD UW MkII * Virus TI * Moog Voyager S.E. * Lemur * Ableton, FM8, Massive, FAW Circle * Distressors, Great River * Genelec 8050A

Post by ThinkTanx » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:26 am

wiss wrote:
ThinkTanx wrote:
wiss wrote: No one can be from Cubian decent. All the orginal people on the Island of Cuba fleed or killed themselves when the Spainards arrived.

Right. But there have been people living in Cuba for the 500 years since, and at this point, and for quite a while longer, they consider themselves 'Cuban'.

Come off it. Do you really just enjoy an argument that much?? :? :roll:

If my father or mother is born and raised in Cuba, and thus is of the Cuban nationality, I am therefore of Cuban descent. What happened to the indigenous people of Cuba 500 years ago has f**k all to do with it.

Furthermore, the man considers himself 'Cuban'. It's his lineage. What you or I have to say about it couldn't mean less to him, I'm sure.

wiss
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by wiss » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:37 am

ThinkTanx wrote:
wiss wrote:
ThinkTanx wrote: Surely, you jest. :)

Right. But there have been people living in Cuba for the 500 years since, and at this point, and for quite a while longer, they consider themselves 'Cuban'.

If my father or mother is born and raised in Cuba, and thus is of the Cuban nationality, I am therefore of Cuban descent. What happened to the indigenous people of Cuba 500 years ago has f**k all to do with it.

Furthermore, the man considers himself 'Cuban'. It's his lineage. What you or I have to say about it couldn't mean less to him, I'm sure.
Europeans have been living in America for the last 500 years does that make them The Indigenous People of North America?

ThinkTanx

Post by ThinkTanx » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:50 am

wiss wrote:
ThinkTanx wrote:
wiss wrote: The Indigenous People of CUBA were whiped off the planet over 500 years ago.

Europeans have been living in America for the last 500 years does that make them The Indigenous People of North America?
If you really think that's where I am coming from then you are very, very thick.

I'm not gonna play this game. Cheers.

thestreets
Gear: Maschine Mikro, Electribe ESX, KP3, Korg R3, Microkorg.

Post by thestreets » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:20 pm

Soooo....

Thursday was cloudy...?...

ThinkTanx

Post by ThinkTanx » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:16 pm

thestreets wrote:Soooo....

Thursday was cloudy...?...
Just another perfectly good thread ruined for me. It's why I spend less and less time around here lately.

thestreets

Post by thestreets » Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:41 am

yyyyep

'cept I still like it around here.

thestreets

Post by thestreets » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:01 am

Wow I am on the biggest P73 kick right now. Can't get enough of him. I picked up 'One Word Extinguisher' the other day. That s**t is pure genious. I just deleted an entire album description in the post because it doesn't do it justice. Check it out.

ThinkTanx

Post by ThinkTanx » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:26 am

thestreets wrote:Wow I am on the biggest P73 kick right now. Can't get enough of him. I picked up 'One Word Extinguisher' the other day. That s**t is pure genious. I just deleted an entire album description in the post because it doesn't do it justice. Check it out.
Whoa!!! You were diggin on Prefuse and you hadn't even heard 'One Word'?!? His magnum opus. Color of Tempo, Detchibe, Busy Signal, One Word Extinguisher (the track)... all classics!

You're also gonna want to check out 'Extinguished: Outtakes', which is, as the title describes, outtakes from 'OWE'. Except, don't even really think of it like that. There are no retreads or demos or remixes. It is essentially another 23 killer tracks from the same writing period. Most of the tracks are of the shorter variety (less than two minutes), but they still bang, and there are five or six longer full-on songs. I listen to it almost as much as I listen to 'One Word'.

thestreets

Post by thestreets » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:27 pm

Yeah, my love for p73 was based on the Security Screenings record, the track Perverted Undertone (i heard the before i got OWE), and his live performance.

I'm gonna look into the outtakes record, thanks.

BoxofDirt

Post by BoxofDirt » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:39 pm

if you like prefuse 73, check this whacky guy out. most original thing Ive heard in years. Plays here all the time.

http://www.myspace.com/spoonbillsound
There is somthing sad about an empty dressing room. it's like a discarded pair of underpants. it's seen a lot of activity. It may even have witnessed excitement and a whole gamut of human passions. And now theres nothing much left except a faint smell