Cheetah MS6 only track

Come here for topics reviewing and sharing songs, tracks, music, synth demos, etc.
synthshaw

Cheetah MS6 only track

Post by synthshaw » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:01 pm

Here's a short track using the Cheetah MS6 only plus some reverb and delay.
I was thinking of getting the Prophet 08 as a backup for when my MS6 dies but from the demos iv'e heard it dosn't sound as nice (more harsh sounding). If any of you are familiar with both machines, can you tell me how they compare soundwise, (i'm not bothered about all the complex mod routing or sequencers) just the sound, is it nice and creamy like the old curtis based synths? cheers.

http://www.savefile.com/files/1847803

JMP
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Re: Cheetah MS6 only track

Post by JMP » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:55 pm

Not heard an MS6 directly before, that sounds bloody ace. Big, thick sounds on your track, will have to look out for one of those.

DIGITAL SCREAMS
Band: Digital Screams

Post by DIGITAL SCREAMS » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:30 pm

Well as both the MS6 and P'08 use the same 3396 CEM chips.....the tonal quality of both synths is likely to be very similar....

Very nice demo btw. Thanks for going to the trouble of making it 8)

DS
Synthesizers: Roland Jupiter 8, Sequential Prophet 5, Moog Old School, Access Virus TI2, Yamaha DX7 MKII (and FM8), Roland D50, Korg Wavestation and M1

synthshaw

Post by synthshaw » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:49 pm

DIGITAL SCREAMS wrote:Well as both the MS6 and P'08 use the same 3396 CEM chips.....the tonal quality of both synths is likely to be very similar....

Very nice demo btw. Thanks for going to the trouble of making it 8)

DS
You're welcome, i know the matrix1000 uses the same '3396' chip as well but sounds slightly different to the MS6, i'm wondering if the poor build quality of the cheetah adds to the lushness of it's sound in some way, some of the pads from it sound incredible. thanks anyway.

Purity_Control

Post by Purity_Control » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:47 pm

wow. that little rackmount kicks a*s!

sounds quite similar to the p600 too, maybe not as smooth but with slightly faster envelopes...