Electro Rock remix -- new project

Come here for topics reviewing and sharing songs, tracks, music, synth demos, etc.
smallsynth
Gear: jp03, dx21, bass station, k-station, gnat, buzz, cs01-mkii, eml-101, eh-401
Band: resterisk

Electro Rock remix -- new project

Post by smallsynth » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:51 am

I have been working on an electro project, and have almost completed an album's worth of material. When those tracks are completed, I'll likely post a few here. In the meantime, here's a remix I'd like to make available. Feel free to give it a listen, and provide feedback if you like (it might help with the remaining tracks). this project is called: resterisk.

i prefer if you listen to the track by streaming it here on my new myspace profile. if you like the cut, then please feel free to download it. otherwise, i'd like to save downloads... single-click here to download an mp3: Rock-n-Roll City (Resterisk Mix) - Razrez. hey, and add me as a friend and leave me comment... it looks so lonely right now.

-geoffrey smallsynth

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Re: Electro Rock remix -- new project

Post by Stab Frenzy » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:31 am

Hey Geoffrey, haven't downloaded the track yet but if it's anything like the mix you sent me a while ago I know it'll be good. I added you with my new hippy band and I'll do the main one too.

m

Hmmm... looks like the track isn't up on the myspace yet...

smallsynth
Gear: jp03, dx21, bass station, k-station, gnat, buzz, cs01-mkii, eml-101, eh-401

Post by smallsynth » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:48 am

thanks ... yeah, i think it is that same track (i finally finished it). but i guess myspace is taking a while to get the track up there for some unknown reason...

linndrum9000

Post by linndrum9000 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:53 pm

Yo man think we got off on the wrong tip in my thread, but im here to bury the hatchet. Love your song dude, i'm on that tip. If you put this on a site like mine I might even buy it lol. Really though, good s**t and no hard feelings on this end.

smallsynth

Post by smallsynth » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:18 pm

thanks for the comment... yeah... no hard feelings.

Johnny Lenin
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: JX8P | AX60 | Little Phatty Stage II | DW8000 | Vox Jag | Fantom X6 | Juno-G | P-Bass | AS-120 | Double Jet

Post by Johnny Lenin » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:47 am

Wow... great track. I can't wait to hear more. I really love the way you take what is basically straight ahead rock and roll and twist it. It's really fresh, while reminding me of, oddly enough, Pop Will Eat Itself. It's a really good track, and if MySpace let me download, it's be on my iPod.

OriginalJambo
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Check my sig

Post by OriginalJambo » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:21 am

Diggin' the vibes smalls.

Lots to like - stutters, glitchy synths, classic square carrier hollow vocodin', bouncy, distorted, pulsey bass line and the gated sequence near end is just icing on the cake.

Well done my man! :thumbup:

smallsynth

Post by smallsynth » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:22 pm

thanks for the comments ... and thanks for listening. i'm working on a new track now, but this stuff takes me forrrrrrever.

-geoffrey smallsynth