Page 1 of 1

dubplate video. Just got my 10" acetate in the mail

Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:03 am
by filtersweeperVCO
I sent my files to this cutting house in B.C Canada to get a 10" acetate dubplate cut of my new tune "Heat". It's a General Levy tune remix, or a bootleg I guess. Anyways, I paid 125$ for the disc, and an additional 45 for mastering for vinyl. It came back sounding way better then when I sent it. I guess that's why they do what they do. Cuz they're good at it! Haha, so I might be distributing the tune on whitelabel as a promo, or eventually officially releasing it.

Re: dubplate video. Just got my 10" acetate in the mail

Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:20 am
by TrondC
cool :) congrats on the vinyl making :) is it going to be pressed in several copies?

Re: dubplate video. Just got my 10" acetate in the mail

Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:57 am
by filtersweeperVCO
I hope so! At this point it depends on my wallet though... LOL

Re: dubplate video. Just got my 10" acetate in the mail

Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:09 pm
by Yekuku
Hey Junglist, nice remix ;)
I guess that u know that acetates wear out too quickly, and that they practically loose most of the high frequencies after 20-30 plays.
It is worth checking out these too :
http://www.dubstudio.co.uk ( highly recommended)
http://www.cut-a-record.com ( cheaper , located at my country :))

Let the Bass be with ya ;)

Re: dubplate video. Just got my 10" acetate in the mail

Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:14 pm
by filtersweeperVCO
wicked for the headz up. Yeah, I don't really play it. Just twice so far. Now it just collects dust!

Re: dubplate video. Just got my 10" acetate in the mail

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:10 am
by jeeroj
that is awesome :)

Re: dubplate video. Just got my 10" acetate in the mail

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:15 am
by filtersweeperVCO
jeeroj wrote:that is awesome :)
Thanks guy! It's my best work to date.

Re: dubplate video. Just got my 10" acetate in the mail

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:26 am
by RobotHeroes
Yekuku wrote:I guess that u know that acetates wear out too quickly, and that they practically loose most of the high frequencies after 20-30 plays.
I was about to say this. I remember friends pressing their dnb in the late 90s and telling me how fast they would wear out. I never pressed anything other than releasing a single for a friend. Still have those master plates somewhere. Gotta dig Serato for whatever type of music since you can test out new tracks the same day in your dj sets.

Frame it and put it on your wall. 8)

Re: dubplate video. Just got my 10" acetate in the mail

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:12 am
by shaft9000
RobotHeroes wrote:Gotta dig Serato
booooo! hissss!!!

(that reeminds me, i really need to sell some vinyl. it's heavy as all god-damn)

Re: dubplate video. Just got my 10" acetate in the mail

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:51 am
by RobotHeroes
shaft9000 wrote:
RobotHeroes wrote:Gotta dig Serato
booooo! hissss!!!

(that reeminds me, i really need to sell some vinyl. it's heavy as all god-damn)
Don't let the "keeping it real" crowd fool you man. It doesn't mix for you. If someone sucks they will still suck and suck digitally.

Just don't sell your good stuff. I dumped just about all of my dnb except for a few records some years ago.

Re: dubplate video. Just got my 10" acetate in the mail

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:34 am
by filtersweeperVCO
Yekuku wrote:Hey Junglist, nice remix ;)
I guess that u know that acetates wear out too quickly, and that they practically loose most of the high frequencies after 20-30 plays.
It is worth checking out these too :
http://www.dubstudio.co.uk ( highly recommended)
http://www.cut-a-record.com ( cheaper , located at my country :))

Let the Bass be with ya ;)
20 or 30 plays is all that is required to test the tune to see if it's ready for dancefloor. Marketing research tool. Then a label can go ahead and press/distribute or not.

Re: dubplate video. Just got my 10" acetate in the mail

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:16 am
by xpander
interesting thread- i've just started looking into vinyl production as i'm finishing up an album. any leads for a good LP jacket printing house?

cool track, btw!

Re: dubplate video. Just got my 10" acetate in the mail

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:38 pm
by filtersweeperVCO
xpander wrote:interesting thread- i've just started looking into vinyl production as i'm finishing up an album. any leads for a good LP jacket printing house?

cool track, btw!
That place Vinyl guru apparently can manage that. But there's also this other place, although I'm not sure it's still around "Archer Pressings"