Four Original Dark 80s-esque Tracks

Come here for topics reviewing and sharing songs, tracks, music, synth demos, etc.
Torstein

Four Original Dark 80s-esque Tracks

Post by Torstein » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:56 pm

Hey there-

After a few months of trying to decide where to take these tracks, I finally decided to take them public, and just release the mofo's already. Practically no mixing and no mastering done on these. They came straight out of the mixer, all sequenced in real time from the RS7000. No samples, and all synths (except for the MoPho) are pre-1990 hardware--no softsynths.

http://soundcloud.com/agitprop

I'm kinda having a love affair with old vintage 80s synths. Underrated is an understatement. Some cool sounds in those dusty old boxes.

Appreciate any feedback!
Eric

slig665

Re: Four Original Dark 80s-esque Tracks

Post by slig665 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:56 pm

I liked Velour and Fractured the most I think. I miss the 80s synth sound myself.

Hold me down sounded like more could be done with the melody to me. Not that it's bad or anything. I just found while listening to it I wanted it to do more. It still has a good moodiness to it and an 80s feel however.

Nice work. I enjoyed it.

Torstein

Post by Torstein » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:27 pm

Cheers Slig, thanks for the feedback. Funny you mentioned liking most the two songs that took me the least amount of time. I think I'm finding when I overthink the composition and arrangement, it just doesn't flow anymore and loses something.

As for Hold Me Down. I see what you mean about the melody. I'm a pretty dismal keyboard player--my history lies with guitar. But I will def. keep that in mind. Maybe add another track of piano on that, with a real melody. Admittedly, this particular song was slated for a vocal track, but hasn't happened yet. Maybe that's what you're missing when you hear it?

Thanks again.

slig665

Post by slig665 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:07 am

That happens to me too. Seems the more work I put into something the less attention it gets. I think my most popular to date was something banged out in 30 minutes.

I could see vocals making it more dynamic. My own keyboard skills range from dull to god awful so I feel ya. I can rock the h**l out of mary had a little lamb though. It doesn't sound badly played however. Post it up if it gets those vocals. I'd be interested in hearing it.

multipackvitamin

:):)

Post by multipackvitamin » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:20 am

:):)
Last edited by multipackvitamin on Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

SonicSutra

Post by SonicSutra » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:28 pm

Very good.

really enjoyed the sounds!! :)