classic sci fi Kraftwerk ripoff tronix

Come here for topics reviewing and sharing songs, tracks, music, synth demos, etc.
slig665

classic sci fi Kraftwerk ripoff tronix

Post by slig665 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:13 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3HpOU0rNF4

A little more video from me. This one is meant to be a sorta nerd Kraftwerk tribute. I used DDM 110 samples for the drum sounds, some tape recorded glass hits (sounds like metal so it's a total metal on metal ripoff) and the synth sounds are an MS2000 and an old Radioshack Electronic Reverb which as I understand it is basically an analog oscillator. I got a couple easy bends in it to make it self oscillate because it's the closest I'm going to get to true analog synthesis for awhile. The sounds you can get out of the little box are insane.

Had fun with this one. Is there anything cooler than silver flying saucers? Absolutely not.

multipackvitamin

:):)

Post by multipackvitamin » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:53 pm

:):)
Last edited by multipackvitamin on Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

slig665

Re: classic sci fi Kraftwerk ripoff tronix

Post by slig665 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:36 am

The VCR one was a pain. I worked on it intensively for 3 or 4 days I think. Someone who knew what they were doing could have probably done it faster, but in the end it made a good WTF video I think. It's not like I actually made it with cut tape however it's really just someone's tape being eaten which I then cut and rearranged in a video editor program. I'm no EBN.

This one went allot more smoothly and I had it done in 2 days. I spent a majority of the time on the track and cutting the clips was just a few hours of work. Needless to say I have oodles of free time and few distractions lately.

Glad you liked them and thanks for the favs. I subscribed to your channel because you got a killer 80s synth sound going over there. That decade should have not been allowed to end.