my new sound

Come here for topics reviewing and sharing songs, tracks, music, synth demos, etc.
druzz
Band: November's Ego

my new sound

Post by druzz » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:58 pm

http://soundcloud.com/synth-freak

come ear my new sound on soundcloud

Boba JFET

Re: my new sound

Post by Boba JFET » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:28 pm

A lot of nice raw analog sounds there. :)

druzz

Post by druzz » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:57 am

thanks , most of these songs were done in a couple of hours each . there is no mixing involved in most of them , just a stereo recoding of all the synths playing at the same time sequenced by the roland mc-50 and the lead is often played "live".

they are experiments , i am trying to develop something. i try to stay away from mixing and just make some music for a while to find a direction.

monolith
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by monolith » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:02 am

druzz wrote:thanks , most of these songs were done in a couple of hours each . there is no mixing involved in most of them , just a stereo recoding of all the synths playing at the same time sequenced by the roland mc-50 and the lead is often played "live".

they are experiments , i am trying to develop something. i try to stay away from mixing and just make some music for a while to find a direction.
Fat indeed. 8-)
The snare sound on the second track sounds like the snare in Closer by NIN, did you sample it?

computron
Band: Computron

Post by computron » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:49 am

I am diging it druzz!
Living the Electro Life

druzz

Post by druzz » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:47 pm

monolith wrote:
druzz wrote:thanks , most of these songs were done in a couple of hours each . there is no mixing involved in most of them , just a stereo recoding of all the synths playing at the same time sequenced by the roland mc-50 and the lead is often played "live".

Fat indeed. 8-)
The snare sound on the second track sounds like the snare in Closer by NIN, did you sample it?
no i didnt sample it from closer but i see the resemblence . a very compressed snare with a bit of white noize probably. and some tube saturation here from the ESX. i use the esx for snare and kick and the mfb 522 for cymbals ands claps. some of my newest tracks are 522 only ,overdriven in a moogerfooger lowpass. my earlier tracks used the drums from the motif.