Mopho Keyboard - Fun with arppegiators!

Come here for topics reviewing and sharing songs, tracks, music, synth demos, etc.
b3groover
Band: THEO

Mopho Keyboard - Fun with arppegiators!

Post by b3groover » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:35 am

A couple of tunes just playing with my new Mopho (keyboard)'s arppegiator. The first cut features five tracks of Mopho, some XM2 (Hammond-Suzuki clonewheel module) through a Ventilator (Leslie sim) and copious amounts of reverb from my trusty Lexicon MX-300.

I posted this second cut in another thread already, but might as well put it here. This features the Mopho doing a random +3 octave arp and some "piano" from the PX-330. Reverb again from the Lexicon MX-300.

monolith
Expert Member
Expert Member

Re: Mopho Keyboard - Fun with arppegiators!

Post by monolith » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:21 am

The first cut features five tracks of Mopho, some XM2 (Hammond-Suzuki clonewheel module) through a Ventilator (Leslie sim) and copious amounts of reverb from my trusty Lexicon MX-300.
That's beautiful. I could listen to that track all night. Nice work! :hifi:

Synthaholic
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Motif XS6, TX802, D-550, A6

Post by Synthaholic » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:50 pm

I love that first track! I clicked on it initially just to hear what the Mopho's arp is capable of. Instead I got a great example of how a few really simple parts, when put together, make magic! I need to start composing again.

The 2nd track is nice too, but you could put that 1st one on an album and sell a zillion copies! ;)
Two VCO: thanks to the push rods, one can choose several forms of waves at the same time!
(from a Babelfish translation of a Jupiter-6 site)

Yamaha: Motif XS6, TX802 Roland: D-550 Alesis: A6 Andromeda

b3groover

Post by b3groover » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:29 am

Thank you both!

Synthaholic, how do you like the XS6? I want to get one to replace my Motif ES rack, which is now on the West Coast for when I have gigs out there. I'm also jealous that you have an A6. One of these days I hope to have one.

Synthaholic
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Motif XS6, TX802, D-550, A6

Post by Synthaholic » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:14 pm

The XS6 is great. Wonderful bread & butter sounds, not bad for synthy stuff either, the keybed is heavenly, loaded with cool features, and I can plug it into my DAW laptop w/firewire and get 16 audio tracks + midi in/out with one cable. I could probably recreate your 1st track entirely using it and get pretty close soundwise. The Hammond samples & Leslie effect in the XS are pretty authentic.

The A6 is loads of fun, and it complements the XS6 well (nothing does analog like a real analog, as I'm sure you know as a Mopho user).

My other pieces (TX802 and D-550) are a result of being a child of the 80s. I love those sounds, and I cut my teeth on FM so I have to have at least one FM synth in my setup. I also just grabbed a DX100 on eBay, but I need to refurbish the keybed on it.
Two VCO: thanks to the push rods, one can choose several forms of waves at the same time!
(from a Babelfish translation of a Jupiter-6 site)

Yamaha: Motif XS6, TX802 Roland: D-550 Alesis: A6 Andromeda

b3groover

Post by b3groover » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:01 pm

I'm a Yamaha fanboy, through and through. As I mentioned, I have a Motif ES rack but it's now residing in LA. I'm playing with a band based out there (I'm in Michigan) that tours the country and internationally. So I need to replace it for gigs back home. I'm thinking of getting another ES rack and an XS6 for the studio. The last new flagship Yamaha I bought was the SY77, back in 1991 (which I still have and love). I've bought other Yamaha synths, but they've all been used. I want the thrill of getting that big ol' box on the front porch and having everything be brand-spanking new. :)

I use Cubase, so the interaction between the two will be a great added feature as well. I can have my synth set-up on the other side of the room from the computer and still be able to control everything via the Motif. That's huge.

Hopefully I'll be able to get one by the end of the summer. I also want to get a Tetra to expand my MoPho. I really like the Mopho; it's the perfect contrast to my Voyager.

Plumpudding
Band: Dwarfland

Post by Plumpudding » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:43 pm

I love that first track. Perfect when having a glass of whiskey after a hard day and just relax.
"Music is the space between the notes." - Jean Claude Van Damme

Instantinopel

Dark Side of My Mother - Slate Rock Up and Well Caustic Compound

b3groover

Post by b3groover » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:49 pm

Thank you! I've got a couple more that I will try to post in the next week or so.