A Definative MachineDrum Set - Toorcon 2010 Liberation Set

Come here for topics reviewing and sharing songs, tracks, music, synth demos, etc.
shagghie

A Definative MachineDrum Set - Toorcon 2010 Liberation Set

Post by shagghie » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:16 pm

This is it. This is the sound about to take the LA underground by seige. A drum machine and a synth. Complete control. Merciless, unabashed techno. Breakbeats. Distortion. Vibe. Burners and Hackers alike, meet up at Toorcon.org on the 23rd in San Diego. They will lay witness to the devastation. From there we move to the LA underground, one warehouse at a time. The machines rise up this time, reclaiming their throne from the oasis of shattered laptop screens and mice turned upside down that litter the dancefloor. The misfits raise their fists in the air, re-united in peace once again. Bowing down to the machines again. Closing their eyes, turning off the lights, and dancing again. This one is for the hackers, the misfits, the dreamers and the phuture peeple. This one is for the bass bins. Electronic Bass. Electrobass. Space bass in your face bass. This one is for the Toorcon Knights. As for all the others, let this be your punishment.

Last edited by shagghie on Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

cartesia
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Octatrack
Bass Station 2
Band: TBA

Re: A Definative MachineDrum Set - Toorcon Peel Sessions

Post by cartesia » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:29 pm

lol I dunno.. all that buildup and then a bunch of minimal starts playing.. I like minimal but it's not exactly a storm of merciless energy

shagghie

Post by shagghie » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:48 pm

Thanks for the feedback. The set does start off minimal, indeed.
Most clubs in So Cal can't handle an onslaught of energy right out of the gates.
Let me know what you think after you get deeper into it.

shagghie

Post by shagghie » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:48 am

cartesia wrote:lol I dunno.. all that buildup and then a bunch of minimal starts playing.. I like minimal but it's not exactly a storm of merciless energy
OBTW, your myspace page / band Cartesia... fuggin' rocks, wow. Great energy and sound.

cartesia
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Octatrack
Bass Station 2
Band: TBA

Re: A Definative MachineDrum Set - Toorcon 2010 Liberation S

Post by cartesia » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:03 am

Like I said man.. I like minimal, I just thought that the writeup didn't fit the mix..

I didn't even know I had a myspace? hahaha
I never really used this name for anything, it was just in my head when i signed up for VSE..