eeru - more scifi soundtrack acid

Come here for topics reviewing and sharing songs, tracks, music, synth demos, etc.
jeeroj
Gear: sh-101, x0xb0x(x2), tr-606, korg es-1, half dead mc-303 and some boss micro racks

eeru - more scifi soundtrack acid

Post by jeeroj » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:28 pm

yep, more from me, since i got the ESQ-1 I can't stop writing epic pad chord sequences. :roll:

I recorded it live in one go, the chain was esq-1, x0xb0x, x0xb0x, tr606, mbase01, mc-303. I'm using the fx send on my old mixer and an ES-1 to put some reverb and gating.

i'd be interested to hear how this tune makes you feel, what emotions it inspires in you :)

Debut Album out now jeeroj - Selected Acid Works 08-11
check the review HERE first

Trom69

Re: eeru - more scifi soundtrack acid

Post by Trom69 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:18 pm

Great track, jeeroj! :hifi:
I enjoyed the whole song. The two x0xb0x go really well together, and the "breakbeat" session gives a nice touch...
But what dominates the song is the superb "epic pad chord sequence", so I believe you made a great acquisition with the ESQ-1. I like your music with chords (I heard "Yoofy" too).

Doesn't evoke scifi to me, tho. More like longing... kind of sad ... :cry:
But not the break part: :dancer:
Cracking softsynths for virtual circuit-bending

jeeroj
Gear: sh-101, x0xb0x(x2), tr-606, korg es-1, half dead mc-303 and some boss micro racks

Post by jeeroj » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:43 pm

Great! Thanks for the feedback Trom :hi:

monolith
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by monolith » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:42 pm

Great track mate... I really like your style. I too think the track has a melancholy vibe. Not depressing, but more like the sad mood gets you thinking. Cool music.

Hybrid88
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: V-Synth, and other stuff...

Post by Hybrid88 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:00 pm

Nice! :) The 606 sounds great, how did you process it?

really cool beat BTW 8-)

jeeroj

Post by jeeroj » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:37 pm

monolith wrote:Great track mate... I really like your style. I too think the track has a melancholy vibe. Not depressing, but more like the sad mood gets you thinking. Cool music.
yeah, it makes me feel a little like being the only survivor at the end of a zombie film!
Hybrid88 wrote:Nice! :) The 606 sounds great, how did you process it?

really cool beat BTW 8-)
cheers. The whole track was recorded live in one take through my (old) yamaha mixer. The 606 has individual outputs so each instrument has it's own channel strip. Being able to work with them separately is a must for me and makes it so much more fun when jamming on the mixer. The beat was programmed in before on the 606 but in the switch up I was freestyling a bit. :lol:

I EQ'd the lows off the hats and cymbal and gave the snare a bit of mid. the EQ isn't ideal but it gives me a certain sound! :)
I have no dedicated reverb unit at the moment so I use my Korg ES-1 as an effects unit. :!: I sent the x0xb0x's, snare, hats, cymbal and a bit of the pads through it. It's such a useful machine and although it's hardly the greatest reverb/fx unit in the world, there's no way i'd sell it. Same story with the MC-303, it's a piece of s**t but somehow it always seems to come through for me! :thumbsup:

I recorded the stereo outs from the mixer through my presonus interface and into cubase where I put some light compression and a limiter to make sure it didn't clip.

I am aiming to try to record as much of my stuff live as I can with the aim to get some gigs and play live. There's not a lot of point in me making tunes I can never recreate! :---)

Once again, Thanks for the very kind words guys!! :D

TrondC
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Machinedrum UW & Monomachine Mk2's
Korg KP3 & Zero 4
Band: Siesta Submarina

Post by TrondC » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:22 pm

very cool! you have a strange but nice sound, downbeat meets acid meets pute 80's film score, now THATS a combo ;)