Twelve Songs of Christmas

Come here for topics reviewing and sharing songs, tracks, music, synth demos, etc.
rschnier
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Twelve Songs of Christmas

Post by rschnier » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:38 pm

Being the holiday season and all, here are a few for your enjoyment. All were created with vintage synths and other equipment.

A colleague of mine and I released them under the name Project 549. We were aiming for something like the Mannheim Steamroller thing, but with much more of a rock/electronic feel. The album sold reasonably well in our local Minneapolis/St.Paul market, but it turned out to be a little ahead of its time (these were done in 1986, before my "real" job, kids, and other things pushed my electronics and recording hobbies to the side for awhile.) I digitally remastered them recently. (I also did some radio jingle and TV work for a bit after this album.)

Getting more back into it now though, now that the kids are older. :D

Equipment used:
Polysix, DW-8000, LYT Phaedra (homebuilt 2-VCO monosynth from CEM chips), Mirage, Moog Rogue, CZ-101, SCI Drumtraks, Yamaha RX-15, Roland TR-606 Drumatix (last two just on Silver Bells), LYT Digital Sequencer (homebuilt), Yamaha QX-21 Sequencer, Tascam 48 8-channel reel-to-reel.

A couple of the songs (Hark, Frosty) have sequenced bass lines but the remainder are pretty much all played manually. You can also hear the Polysix and DW-8000 influence throughout these. Little did we know at the time those two synths were destined to become classics.

If anyone would like a CD or MP3 files, PM me....

Entire Album Click Here

Hark! The Herald Angels Sing

Good King Wenceslas

The First Noel

Angels We Have Heard On High

Frosty The Snowman S. Nelson, J. Rollins -- Intersong Music Corp (ASCAP)

Jingle Bells

We Three Kings

Deck The Halls

What Child Is This?

O Come, All Ye Faithful

God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen

Silver Bells J. Livingston, R. Evans -- Paramount Music Corp. (ASCAP)
-- R.