The Fighter - Paul Hertzog-ish martial arts theme

Come here for topics reviewing and sharing songs, tracks, music, synth demos, etc.
D-Collector
Expert Member
Expert Member

The Fighter - Paul Hertzog-ish martial arts theme

Post by D-Collector » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:58 pm

This was something I fiddled around with on my old computer before christmas but totally forgot about. I pulled it out yesterday and tried to finish it. I still only have a POS headset for monitoring, but I hope it sounds ok. (Yes, the drums are a little harsh and lo-fi) Inspired of course by Hertzogs work for kickboxer and bloodsport. Should fit in a training montage right? :D

Fairlight samples for drums, arr1, swanee, bass guitar.
FM7 for the rest.

PPG_HOSHII!

Re: The Fighter - Paul Hertzog-ish martial arts theme

Post by PPG_HOSHII! » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:59 am

I listen to the reissued BloodSport and Kick Boxer soundtracks on CD all the time, and I think your song really captures the Hertzog charm. ;)
The melody's remind me a bit of Italo Disco as well. You have made a lovely song! I hope you intend to make more music like this.
In the liner notes to BloodSport and Kick Boxer, Paul Hertzog mentions all of the different synths he used. He used many of the factory disk from the Ensoniq Mirage in both soundtracks as well.

D-Collector
Expert Member
Expert Member

Re: The Fighter - Paul Hertzog-ish martial arts theme

Post by D-Collector » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:35 am

Thank you very much :D Yeah, it kinda has a heavy italo style rhythm to it. If the inspiration comes I will try to make more in this style. Interesting info about the Mirage! I also figure he used a lot of DX7/TX sounds.