Syn303 - Konfusion 3 (Dub)

Come here for topics reviewing and sharing songs, tracks, music, synth demos, etc.
Syn303
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Quite a bit...
Band: Syn303

Syn303 - Konfusion 3 (Dub)

Post by Syn303 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:39 pm

A new year and a new track, leaving the minimal sound behind and returning to my Acid Techno style reminiscent of the music from my 'Open Your Mind' album (2008). This track was all recorded and mixed in one take, using TB-303, TR-909, MD-UW+ (sound effects) and outboard fx manipulated in real-time. Konfusion 3 (Dub) will feature on and up and coming new 3-track EP.

Enjoy!

| syn303.bandcamp.com | soundcloud.com/syn303 |

Zamise
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Rollhand P00
Band: Quantum-Source

Re: Syn303 - Konfusion 3 (Dub)

Post by Zamise » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:10 pm

Nice, wished the 303 changed up a little more and had some sub bass to it, but otherwise nice.
<ZQS> [....<OII>.....soundcloud player v2.42.....................link]

Syn303
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Quite a bit...
Band: Syn303

Post by Syn303 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:39 pm

Zamise wrote:Nice, wished the 303 changed up a little more and had some sub bass to it, but otherwise nice.
303 changes, no! not making happy acid tracks. Sub bass no! highly unsuitable for my acid/techno experiments.
Thanks for listening tho.
| syn303.bandcamp.com | soundcloud.com/syn303 |

TrondC
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Machinedrum UW & Monomachine Mk2's
Korg KP3 & Zero 4
Band: Siesta Submarina

Post by TrondC » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:17 pm

definately one of the best I've heard from you, fast paced with those busy hihats, I for one prefer the 303 like it is, no big tweaks works well here. I also find this track more complex than your previous works, the layering and mixing is very spot on, i went straight ahead and listened to this again after finishing!

looking forward to the EP, you should get some vinyl out, I have some friends who LOVE your style :)

Zamise
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Rollhand P00
Band: Quantum-Source

Post by Zamise » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:45 pm

Syn303 wrote:
Zamise wrote:Nice, wished the 303 changed up a little more and had some sub bass to it, but otherwise nice.
303 changes, no! not making happy acid tracks. Sub bass no! highly unsuitable for my acid/techno experiments.
Thanks for listening tho.
Curious, why would changing the 303 line a bit here and there make it happy? I can concur about not putting some sub bass in that tune, it isn't something I think would be in the nature of the kit/gear you used, but the song is a bit bright tonally on my side of listening to it. Nothing bad, I just wanted to EQ it down a bit which is unusual for me, I'm usually having to boost the high end. Thought maybe some sub bass would help, but you'd probably need another piece of gear that would also probably be somewhat difficult to sync up to what you've got already to make that happen, which then it probably wouldn't quite be the same kind of song I guess.
<ZQS> [....<OII>.....soundcloud player v2.42.....................link]