chilled acid playing with the SQ80L vst

Come here for topics reviewing and sharing songs, tracks, music, synth demos, etc.
jeeroj
Gear: sh-101, x0xb0x(x2), tr-606, korg es-1, half dead mc-303 and some boss micro racks

chilled acid playing with the SQ80L vst

Post by jeeroj » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:22 am

It's been a little while since I've posted up any music, mainly due to selling most of my equipment to pay rent and bills :(

I was gutted to sell my ESQ-1 but I determined to overcome my fear of softsynths and try out the SQ80L plugin. Needless to say, I think it's LUSH! I'm so glad to have the haunting sounds of Ensoniq back! If you couldn't guess, the SQ80 is doing the top gun bass and floaty pads :)

Drums were sequenced from cubase to my Korg DDD-1 with the 808 &909 ROMs added from here:
http://korgdddmods.angelfire.com/KORG_D ... tpage.html

acid sounds are my x0xb0x.

Hope you enjoy!
Debut Album out now jeeroj - Selected Acid Works 08-11
check the review HERE first

tekkentool
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Lasers (ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ωส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้)
Band: none currently

Re: chilled acid playing with the SQ80L vst

Post by tekkentool » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:23 pm

Smack a dubstep wobble on it and it would be perfect.

okay just kidding, though you might want to think about switching up the structure a little more throughout the entire thing, and perhaps layering some of the synths to get a denser richer sound.

jeeroj
Gear: sh-101, x0xb0x(x2), tr-606, korg es-1, half dead mc-303 and some boss micro racks

Post by jeeroj » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:44 pm

lol, a wobble would really sort it out, I have 2 good friends who make very good bass music, maybe I'll get them to remix it for me!

I quite liked the stripped down nature of the sound but I definitely know what you mean about the structure, cheers for taking the time to listen and comment!
Debut Album out now jeeroj - Selected Acid Works 08-11
check the review HERE first

Zamise
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Rollhand P00
Band: Quantum-Source

Post by Zamise » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:31 am

Ace Rimmer would probably enjoy it as much as stoked kipper for breakfast. I really liked the xOx sounds, they could of been a little more prominent but good that it doesn't dominate too much since it would be a little out of that style of tunage. Nothing wrong with mixing styles and innovating tho... the bass was good, maybe add some more chorus to it. Drums sounded a bit weak, structure seemed fine enough to me, priority would be getting some better, bigger sounding drums in there some how maybe and you'll have a song sexier than Tom Cruize shaving his unibrow in the men's post-flight locker room.
<ZQS> [....<OII>.....soundcloud player v2.42.....................link]

tryan225

Post by tryan225 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:38 pm

Same boat with my esq. Just sold it, but love the vst. It truly captures that sound.

kuroichi
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by kuroichi » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:04 pm

Very very nice.

2:58 on your song...

made me think of 7:43 on this....

Come on Bennett.... Let's Party!

ned-ryarson

Post by ned-ryarson » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:57 am

cool track.. the acid definitely works with the ambient pads - very nice.. i like the drums and the pace of the track but you should definitely layer more percussion, it has potential to be so much bigger, if you want it to be