jeeroj album out tomorrow, come and have a listen!!

Come here for topics reviewing and sharing songs, tracks, music, synth demos, etc.
jeeroj
Gear: sh-101, x0xb0x(x2), tr-606, korg es-1, half dead mc-303 and some boss micro racks

jeeroj album out tomorrow, come and have a listen!!

Post by jeeroj » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:21 pm

hey ho, so my album is coming out tomorrow on the 10th October on Juno and I'm sure you'd enjoy a listen :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I used lots of different equipment to make all this:
x0xb0xen, TR-606, TR-60X, TR-707, MC-202, SH-101, Ensoniq ESQ-1, Korg DDD-1, MC-303, Korg ES-1, Casio CZ-5000

The album is a collection of my work from the last few years and contains a variety of different moods and studio techniques (!). Some tracks are live bashouts while others are carefully multi-tracked, i even used a soft synth in one tune :ugeek:

follow the first link to listen to the whole album and if you really love it you can go download it from Juno in the second link!!

Comments and questions very much encouraged :)

check it out here:
Jeeroj - Selected Acid Works 08-11 (SLM020) by slimetime on SoundCloud

buy it here:
Juno Download - jeeroj - Selected Acid Works 08-11 (SLM020)
Debut Album out now jeeroj - Selected Acid Works 08-11
check the review HERE first

FrankenZappa

Re: jeeroj album out tomorrow, come and have a listen!!

Post by FrankenZappa » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:24 am

Excellent stuff sir. I am impressed.

jeeroj
Gear: sh-101, x0xb0x(x2), tr-606, korg es-1, half dead mc-303 and some boss micro racks

Post by jeeroj » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:54 am

cheers, i'm really pleased with how it came out, i've even got a video of one of the tracks now!!

ninja6485
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Virus Ti, Jx-8p, Juno 60, Radias, Maschine, 101,303,606,707,727,808,909, odyssey, mirage, akai s5K/s2K/s1k, drumtraks, E6400ult, M1R, rx5, fizmo,d50
Band: Subliminal Sea

Post by ninja6485 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:11 am

sounds great! :hifi:
This looks like a psychotropic reaction. No wonder it's so popular...

jeeroj

Post by jeeroj » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:18 pm

got a really nice review this week :)

http://acidtechno.wordpress.com/2011/10 ... ecordings/

If Tangerine Dream had tweaked a Roland TB-303 in 1987 then this startling, engrossing album is how the soundtrack to Near Dark might have turned out. Opener Byebye sets the tone: a luscious electronic rail journey of a tune that conjures images of early morning mist and graffiti-strewn subway cars as nimble snare drums gradually speed up, leaving the city a pinprick in the distance. That same grasp of place and mood runs throughout the album. Though it’s a collection it’s feels like a cohesive statement, and while styles and tempo shift, the 303 remains a constant. Jeeroj’s acid reference points are the likes of Rephlex and Ceephax, his patterns bleepy, squelchy and pin-sharp, but where he truly owns the music is in partnering them with achingly atmospheric synths. Has a 303 ever sounded so reflective and sad as it does on Billow, as full of hope as it does on Emocid, or as bittersweet as it does on the jawdropping closer Now & Then? Meanwhile, on The Laserbots Final Stand (Against the Holodroids), things get almost danceable, while Eeru has the sound of a false dawn at the end of a Romero film, the fuzzed-up synthwork of Goblin being another reference point here. It rules, in other words, from beginning to end. Acid by its very nature isn’t a genre that lends itself to the album, but this tremendous set is an exception – as emotive as any number of M83 records, as crafted as the best of early Warp.

theotherleadingbrand
Gear: Lotion, Basket. You know the drill.

Post by theotherleadingbrand » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:23 pm

Love the video. I will check out the links.
It is better to be pissed off than to be pissed on.