some new gear, a new track

Come here for topics reviewing and sharing songs, tracks, music, synth demos, etc.
Infinity Curve
Gear: SH101, Monomachine, Machinedrum, Analog Four, lots of eurorack
Band: Infinity Curve

some new gear, a new track

Post by Infinity Curve » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:36 pm

Hey all,

New guy on the block, figured I might as well share my music. Been lurking here for ages, just registered finally.

Most of my stuff sounds like old horror scores and 70's/80's stuff. These tracks are for an album I am working on, basically a soundtrack to a zombie movie in my head. :lol:

Only us left now

Get to the truck

Feedback is welcome. :)
Last edited by Infinity Curve on Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

georgemarauder

Re: My music (soundtrack/sci-fi/zombie/?)

Post by georgemarauder » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:31 pm

I don't hear music that makes me want to comment on it too often, but this stuff is great! I love the melody, chords, drums, lead sounds, everything about "only us left now". It sounds like a Twin Peaks soundtrack piece, and that's a great thing. "Get to the truck" is great too. I love the grooves, and you definitely have some skills with the arrangements. These 2 tracks sound very similar to how I want my music to sound. Groovy and soundtrack-y. I'm taking notes :) . Do you have a Youtube page?

Harp3
Gear: Akai Miniak, Fender Telecaster, various fx pedals

Post by Harp3 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:41 am

Good songs man, keep up the good work!

Song titles are awesome btw!

theotherleadingbrand
Gear: Lotion, Basket. You know the drill.

Post by theotherleadingbrand » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:03 pm

Great work! I like the distortion on the drums, and the bassline on the second track nails the, "We've got to make it to the f**k truck!" vibe quite nicely. Having been born and raised in T.O., I can see how the place lends itself to thoughts of zombie hordes taking over; especially if you've been to Yorkdale anytime lately.

BTW If you make an album of this stuff, I'm game for a copy.
It is better to be pissed off than to be pissed on.

Infinity Curve

Post by Infinity Curve » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:29 pm

theotherleadingbrand wrote:Great work! I like the distortion on the drums, and the bassline on the second track nails the, "We've got to make it to the f**k truck!" vibe quite nicely. Having been born and raised in T.O., I can see how the place lends itself to thoughts of zombie hordes taking over; especially if you've been to Yorkdale anytime lately.

BTW If you make an album of this stuff, I'm game for a copy.
Haha....I keep getting people saying they like the distortion on the drums, but there is none. I just let it clip a bit. 8-)

Glad you like it. Almost finished the end credits song, should have it up in a few days. I will most likely put the completed album up on Bandcamp for $5 or something when its done. Few more tracks and it will be done! :D
Harp3 wrote:Good songs man, keep up the good work!
Song titles are awesome btw!
I try and get across the feel of the scene for each track with the title. I'm thinking about doing a brief write up for each track for the album, explaining the scenes or something.
georgemarauder wrote:I don't hear music that makes me want to comment on it too often, but this stuff is great! I love the melody, chords, drums, lead sounds, everything about "only us left now". It sounds like a Twin Peaks soundtrack piece, and that's a great thing. "Get to the truck" is great too. I love the grooves, and you definitely have some skills with the arrangements. These 2 tracks sound very similar to how I want my music to sound. Groovy and soundtrack-y. I'm taking notes :) . Do you have a Youtube page?
Glad you liked it! I figured you would after I listened to some of your stuff. Only us left now really came together nicely! As for arrangements, I tend to just come up with patches and jam on stuff, that's how I write, very little pre-planning. I get in a groove and build from there.

I don't have a youtube channel, no good at video editing and stuff, plus I don't have time. I suppose I could put the tracks up with a picture of my setup or something? Perhaps in the future.

Thanks for all the kind words. I figured my stuff might get some love around here. ;)

I will post new stuff to this thread as I finish it.

Infinity Curve

Re: New track up

Post by Infinity Curve » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:25 am

New track up. This is the 'end credits' track. Couple more and this album will be in the bag! :)

Infinity Curve

Post by Infinity Curve » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:14 am

Just finished another track, what would be for the opening credits.

Feedback welcome. :)

Miles Powerhouse

Post by Miles Powerhouse » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:52 pm

Wow. This stuff is amazing! It reminds me of Com Truise a lot. I'm following you on Soundcloud. Can't wait to hear more from you!

Infinity Curve

Post by Infinity Curve » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:28 pm

Miles Powerhouse wrote:Wow. This stuff is amazing! It reminds me of Com Truise a lot. I'm following you on Soundcloud. Can't wait to hear more from you!
Haha...Thanks for the kind words! :)

Funny you mention it, but I just discovered Com Truise like yesterday. Had heard the name here and there and finally listened to some, liked what I heard.

Miles Powerhouse

Post by Miles Powerhouse » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:03 pm

Infinity Curve wrote:
Haha...Thanks for the kind words! :)

Funny you mention it, but I just discovered Com Truise like yesterday. Had heard the name here and there and finally listened to some, liked what I heard.
Yeah, I love Com Truise's music. Nice blend of Synth-funk, 80's synth-rock, and modern influences. I wish I had some of his music, but sadly I am stuck listening to videos on youtube. I like the ones in low-quality, though. It feels appropriate to his music.

How do you sequence and record your music? Do you play it, record on a DAW, record on tape, etc.?

Infinity Curve

Post by Infinity Curve » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:00 pm

Depends. This last track was played live and tracked individually into Ableton for mixing and mastering. Nothing was sequenced.

Generally though, I play live and use an MMT-8 to sequence as I play; meaning I don't edit, I play it until I get it right and then move on to the next part. Once I have the track mostly built, I record each track seperately into Ableton for mixing and mastering. I usually do my drum tracks tapping it out on the keyboard sequencing with the MMT-8, and then I track the midi into Ableton because its easier for me to edit and add fills in Ableton than it is on the MMT-8(by far!!!).

Aside from that my process is nothing special. I just jam on stuff and build from there. I usually come up with sounds on the fly to suit what I need for a track. I rarely ever set out with an idea in mind for songs, at most I have a melody and let the jam take me where it will.

I find this way of making music to be the most satisfying for me, as I don't get bogged down with computer editing or writers block. Since I started working like this I am far more productive and finish tracks, where as before I would get so bored of endless editing and computer work that it stopped being fun and I almost never 'finished' a track.

Infinity Curve

Post by Infinity Curve » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:19 am

New one up. Just traded my Blofeld for a TR-707 and some cash and also traded my Yamaha SK10 for a MKS-7. One of the voices is dead on the melody side but I should be able to sort it. Haven't even messed with the editor I found for it.

Loving 'em!!!! 8-)