Paper Diamond - Can we go up (Stephen Forsyth Fidget Remix).

Come here for topics reviewing and sharing songs, tracks, music, synth demos, etc.
tekkentool
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Lasers (ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ωส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้)
Band: none currently

Paper Diamond - Can we go up (Stephen Forsyth Fidget Remix).

Post by tekkentool » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:18 pm

This one is for a remix comp. Worked very hard on this one, I would be interested on people's opinions on the drop. I tried something very different compared to what I'd normally do on a drop so this was an excercise...

Put some dubstep in there too for good measure ;) I know how much you VSE'ers love dubstep.

Hair

Re: Paper Diamond - Can we go up (Stephen Forsyth Fidget Rem

Post by Hair » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:51 pm

Sounds tight man, only thing that's slightly eating at me is the synth release trail coming out of the the.. 8th bar of the main bit? First happens around 1:19, I think I want to hear it straight up cut to the next sound that comes in instead of having them kind of crossfade over each other? I also wouldn't have minded a huge fill (or cut or something) into 1:57

Just checked the original, definitely dig this more (which I found kind of annoying aside from the nice vocal line and chord progression haha)

tekkentool
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Lasers (ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ωส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้)

Post by tekkentool » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:23 am

Actually funny you mention the transition thing at 1:57, that is actually something I meant to fix up. But my computer was crashing every 4-5 minutes or so in the leadup to finishing this in time for the remix comp so I never quite got around to making a couple of radical changes I really wanted to. As such the mix is somewhat unrefined compared to what I'd normally do. I had to stay up until 4AM just to get the bastard done in time for the remix comp.

tekkentool
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by tekkentool » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:33 am

If anybody could vote for me here on indaba it would make a huge difference. http://www.indabamusic.com/opportunitie ... ions/84556

I want to at least push myself into the top 20 so I have a much greater chance of being noticed by the judges for this competition. It's a pretty quick process but it'd help me out a lot :).