Arrival (The 70's called..)

Come here for topics reviewing and sharing songs, tracks, music, synth demos, etc.
Hossinfeffa
Gear: Roland D-50, MT-32, Korg DSS-1, DDD-1, MS-20, Yamaha FB-01, PSS-560, Akai AX-80, MfB 522, Arturia MiniBrute

Arrival (The 70's called..)

Post by Hossinfeffa » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:38 am

Here is a short little thing I worked on for a night or so. Synths included being an Alesis Andromeda, Korg DSS-1, and Meesha Rhythm Master.

Pretty simple, but some folks may enjoy it. ;)

Well fffff.

tekkentool
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Lasers (ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้ ωส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้)
Band: none currently

Re: Arrival (The 70's called..)

Post by tekkentool » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:59 am

Coolies. Not a fan of that Meesha VST, seems to be sample based and low fidelity samples at that. High end is a mess. I remember I had a whole bunch of old 70's drum machine samples somewhere I'll see if I can drag them up for you.

Main criticisms. Should spend some time mixing I guess, the drums in particular are basically missing despite the fact they could be mixed much higher without losing detail at all in the rest of the mix. I would have widened the "sequenced" plinky like sound so it's sitting right out wide leaving a pocket in the middle for the sustained bass sound, and I would have HPF'd the FX sound in the background.

Noticed the same problem in the brandenburg one you put up afterward, it's nice stuff but it sounds muted and a bit funny sounding because the mix and the rec isn't quite right. When they're both right the music sounds so much better.

What kind of interface are you using? what's the chain like?