Spectralis and Radias (electronica)

Come here for topics reviewing and sharing songs, tracks, music, synth demos, etc.
acemonvw

Spectralis and Radias (electronica)

Post by acemonvw » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:56 am

A rather old song I made (about a year and a half old I think). I hadn't gotten around to making a video of the song because I sold the Radias and now have it back... so I can make the video. It isn't anything special, but I think the ending is pretty good. Anyway, hope you like it. :D

thehighesttree

Re: Spectralis and Radias (electronica)

Post by thehighesttree » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:30 pm

Nice laid back track with good progression!

acemonvw

Post by acemonvw » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:43 pm

Thanks thehighesttree!

I'm glad you liked it!

adekoyote
Gear: YAMAHA PSR460, ROLAND MC808, EDIROL, APC20, Emu Proteus 2500 and Yamaha RS7000, Yamaha Su700, Roland VP9000, Yamaha AW4416, Desktop Evolver
Band: The Ghostz of More

Post by adekoyote » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:10 am

What do you like about the radius?

acemonvw

Post by acemonvw » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:38 pm

Hey adekoyote

1) I like the drums on it. I prefer them over the Spectralis's drums (which are purely sampled and I can't apply any effects easily). They probably don't sound much better than the drums on the EMX, though I can never set the EMX drums loud enough without problems.

2) It looks cool. Especially with it's (terribly sh**ty) keyboard.

3) It's digital as h**l. No warmth to be felt here, which adds to it's cold look.

4) I think you can get some really cool sounds out of it, plus, all 4 timbres per patch allows 3 mod sequencers so you can end up with some funky sounds.

I have created some songs I liked with it, and will probably never get rid of it again. A fun synth to tinker with. If you hate tinkering with your synths (the presets on the virus are really good), you will hate the Radias. I always start with an init patch on my Radias.

5) The effects are pretty good. The Virus has a better reverb in it, but other than that, I think its effects are good. However, the filters seem sort of cheap, could just be me.

All in all, it goes into the mix fairly well and has its place. I might recommend it as a first synth because most things are on the front panel, but it still seems a bit confusing at times, unlike the Juno 6, 60, and 106, which have everything just right there.