A Lot of Mostly RS7000

Come here for topics reviewing and sharing songs, tracks, music, synth demos, etc.
Zamise
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Rollhand P00
Band: Quantum-Source

A Lot of Mostly RS7000

Post by Zamise » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:39 am

<ZQS> [....<OII>.....soundcloud player v2.42.....................link]

griffin avid
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Re: A Lot of Mostly RS7000

Post by griffin avid » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:07 pm

Forced to check because the RS7000 i such a juicy groovebox-beast.

My 2 cents: I'd prefer if this was a Soundcloud link cause then I could see the name of the song and scroll back to my favorite bits. And when I liked the song, I could follow you there instead of waiting to see if you're going to upload anything else on VSE b y random chance. Plus, you could add artwork that really ties to the track.

Well, no need for a SoundCloud AD or review.
I liked it and was curious as to what else you make.

And weirdly, the MP3 player only showed connecting- even though the song was playing to the end.
Music Product: Better Sounds for Beats http://www.StudioAVX.com
Music Production: Resources and Research http://www.ProducersEdgeMagazine.com
Music Produced: Abstract Hip Hop Sci-Fi: http://www.TheDynamicUniverse.com

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Post by meatballfulton » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:19 pm

I was interested in what it would sound like since the RS7000 is a close cousin to the Motif, my main instrument since 2005. I don't create music in this style so it's nice to hear what the Yamaha workstations can do outside of how I use them.

I thought it went on too long (sorry), I couldn't detect any particular themes or development happening to justify the length.

Was this mixed inside the RS7000? It sounded claustrophobic, not enough separation between the various sound elements (though I was listening on cheap buds). More use of panning, reverb and delay to create a soundstage would help.

How much of that was samples and how much using the internal synth engine? Good sound design either way.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

Zamise
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by Zamise » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:47 am

Hey thanks for listening. There was very little sampling, it was mostly RS7000 and sounds I made with it over the years. I don't do much else, most my stuff sounds like it, and I'd agree I could use a direction or more of theme and melodies etc.. Also agree the RS don't have a very wide stereo field, I could do more with that and have tried will keep trying, just it has to mostly be mannually panned or adjusted which I don't spend enough time doing on it. The mixing and semi-mastering of songs was done in magix maker 11 deluxe RIP that computer is bye bye and the software won't load in newer computer sniff, newer versions are hampered and I do not like them as much, have a new digital mixer studio hoping to use more now, have to learn it and it is cutting in to my song making time on my RS. I've an extensive song list and garbage here http://www.quantum-source.com/Sounds/mp3s/ I've a soundcloud account too, some dif songs still mostly RS7000. https://soundcloud.com/zamise Most samples are fairly obvious like vocs, some not so like of some of my old analog gear but usually recorded in to the RS and played back, love the machine, just got in a kick and listening to some of my older stuff, thought I'd post a set rather than a song, need to do some more newer stuff.

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Post by meatballfulton » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:59 pm

Well, if that's a set I guess the length might be justified...that was done live?
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

Zamise
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by Zamise » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:26 am

That was a Best of CD. Here is a live set from a gig:

Mostly RS7000 x2 plus a few other random gear/effects/etc in minor rolls. RS is my workhorse at gigs too, never gets any love from bystanders, always the odd or new piece of gear or old analog doing almost nothing but sitting there looking pretty for the most part gets the post show questions.

I'd recommend if doing a live set to have at least two RSs, but not necessary. Stopping and loading or talking between songs actually seems more enjoyable for our audiences we've played to that I've gathered from feedback. A continuous set seems less "live" believe it or not, one of the things I've learned playing out over the years.

Purity_Control

Post by Purity_Control » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:22 pm

I like this track, it sounds like a Cyberman rave. :D