Royksopp's New (and possibly last) Record

Come here for topics reviewing and sharing songs, tracks, music, synth demos, etc.
Walter Ego
Gear: Various noisemakers hidden around my home and classroom. And a great quantity of caffeine.
Band: 12"VS

Royksopp's New (and possibly last) Record

Post by Walter Ego » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:16 pm

I've been listening almost nonstop to The Inevitable End since I got it two weeks ago. It continues the evolution of their style and their collaboration with Robyn. It's dark, it's funky and it's still got that masterful synthwork. Very lush and atmospheric. Save Me is a favorite so far, as well as the album version of Monument. And Rong is so so right (and also the reason the record carries a parental advisory for explicit lyrics...which is really funny). It's my new anthem that applies to so so so many situations and people in life. But really from start to finish the album is great and one of my favorites for the year. They just kept getting better. Too bad they had to stop...

Walter Ego
seamonkey wrote:I nominate this for STUPIDEST THREAD ever in the history of the internez. ;)

stich

Re: Royksopp's New (and possibly last) Record

Post by stich » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:03 pm

"On 29 September 2014, Röyksopp announced that their next album, titled The Inevitable End, would explore darker subject matter with emphasis on the lyrical content, and would be their last LP, though they will not stop making music."

Walter Ego
Gear: Various noisemakers hidden around my home and classroom. And a great quantity of caffeine.
Band: 12"VS

Re: Royksopp's New (and possibly last) Record

Post by Walter Ego » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:27 am

Well, good news for fans, then. Sort of. I like their LPs.
I think I might need to get me this on vinyl... :dancer:
Walter Ego
seamonkey wrote:I nominate this for STUPIDEST THREAD ever in the history of the internez. ;)