Phaedra iPad sequencer and Gameboy Advance Spritesmod MIDI

Come here for topics reviewing and sharing songs, tracks, music, synth demos, etc.
acemonvw

Phaedra iPad sequencer and Gameboy Advance Spritesmod MIDI

Post by acemonvw » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:40 pm

Not an awesome demo, but it was fun using the Phaedra iPad sequencer with my Gameboy Advance Spritesmod MIDI program.

ned-ryarson

Re: Phaedra iPad sequencer and Gameboy Advance Spritesmod MI

Post by ned-ryarson » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:23 pm

I love this. Obvious mix issues, although you left a disclaimer!

I think sustained bass notes (postal service synth-bass) would have worked better than the rhythmic. Enjoyable all round though. Nice one.

My earlier tracks had, kind-of, an '8-bit' element, even though I didn't compose with the intention at all

acemonvw

Post by acemonvw » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:03 pm

Thanks for the advice!

Can you explain what you mean about the sustained bass notes? Or do you have an example from the postal service? Yeah, I wrote this in like 5 min and was just testing it, but it would be fun to make something that actually sounded good! Haha

Infinity Curve
Gear: SH101, Monomachine, Machinedrum, Analog Four, lots of eurorack
Band: Infinity Curve

Post by Infinity Curve » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:23 pm

Cool track, but seriously, you need to get nanoloop. If you want to try it out you can download demo roms and run it in an emulator or if you want drop me a pm and I will send you one of my nanoloop 1(game boy version) carts which you can still use with the gba. Way more control over sound generation, built in sequencer and what are essentially p-locks per step, per channel. The gba version has even more functionality.

That press record track I did was nanoloop 2 just being tweaked through some modular filters.

Worth a look, and I'd love to see what you do with it

ned-ryarson

Post by ned-ryarson » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:30 pm

Erm, by 'sustained', I didn't mean long release on amp envelope or anything. I just mean note pressed for e.g 8 bars, with probably fast release on env. Here, their most obvious track

ned-ryarson

Post by ned-ryarson » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:32 pm

Infinity Curve wrote:Cool track, but seriously, you need to get nanoloop. If you want to try it out you can download demo roms and run it in an emulator or if you want drop me a pm and I will send you one of my nanoloop 1(game boy version) carts which you can still use with the gba. Way more control over sound generation, built in sequencer and what are essentially p-locks per step, per channel. The gba version has even more functionality.

That press record track I did was nanoloop 2 just being tweaked through some modular filters.

Worth a look, and I'd love to see what you do with it
Sounds ace!

Infinity Curve
Gear: SH101, Monomachine, Machinedrum, Analog Four, lots of eurorack
Band: Infinity Curve

Post by Infinity Curve » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:40 pm

Correction, that song was actually nanoloop 1, only the dub plink sound is nanoloop 2. I have a game boy and gba linked and synced with the link cable. Yes, you can sync them together. You can also get USB midi adaptor to sync it to a daw for like 10 bux on the nanoloop site. I can send you one if you want to try the cart out and sync it to your daw for clock