The wrong side of yesterday: MIDERA

Come here for topics reviewing and sharing songs, tracks, music, synth demos, etc.
acemonvw

The wrong side of yesterday: MIDERA

Post by acemonvw » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:52 am

Track uses:
Radikal Technologies Spectralis 2 (sequencing, bass, resonant analog filter)
Access Virus TI (bell/pad sound at the beginning)
Korg Radias (Pad/plucked midway through song)
Korg ESX (Drums)

ned-ryarson

Re: The wrong side of yesterday: MIDERA

Post by ned-ryarson » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:46 pm

My goodness, that plant time lapse is amazing. How did you create that blue flickering light?

acemonvw

Post by acemonvw » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:54 pm

Thanks ned. It was actually caused by the sunlight. You can tell how many days it took to do it by how many times the sun came in the room. When I made the time lapse, I knew the sunlight would be visible, but I had hoped it wouldn't be so dramatic, I'm glad others appreciate it though!

ned-ryarson

Post by ned-ryarson » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:10 pm

F-ck. How long were the intervals of the shots? Surely you've changed the colour to blue in post? Got to love how that bastard sways back and fourth too. Music video in the making, different angles and such, close ups, plenty of sunlight glitching! Time consuming but a worthy project nonetheless....

acemonvw

Post by acemonvw » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:48 pm

I want to say I took a picture every 10-15 minutes. I don't remember anymore. I made it back in September of 2014. I did modify some of it in post, only to keep the brightness more constant. I tried to remove the light differences, but it didn't work.you can actually see the onion and container shift. This was because I would come in and work on other projects, and the rug that the tripod was on would shift a few mm's. It was fun to do, but next time, if like to do it in a controlled environment where the light doesn't change.

ned-ryarson

Post by ned-ryarson » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:07 pm

Yeah I tend to think the container shift enhances it if anything. I don't think the viewer perceives a mistake there. Adds bit more life or maybe a sense of realism or something :)

Infinity Curve
Gear: SH101, Monomachine, Machinedrum, Analog Four, lots of eurorack
Band: Infinity Curve

Post by Infinity Curve » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:48 am

Well, I have a new favorite Midera song. Best video yet!!

acemonvw

Post by acemonvw » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:06 am

lol, I'm glad you see the bright side of life here Ned! I always notice every flaw in my work!

And thanks Infinity Curve :)

I unfortunately spent the remaining timelapse videos I had on this track! Now I have to go make more :( Which is a huge pain in the a*s!

clubbedtodeath
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by clubbedtodeath » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:10 pm

Kudos on the track, and the video. You should release a proper album of this stuff. (Are you?)

Minor gripes: the drums are a bit lifeless. And it felt at times a little sparse, needing more layers. The production/mixing could also do with a touch of extra work here and there, esp. regard to EQ and compression.

Other than that though, really really nice. I would be chuffed if I wrote something like that.

Cheers

acemonvw

Post by acemonvw » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:48 pm

Thanks clubbedtodeath.

I plan on releasing this stuff (I'm working on two or three albums, this'll likely be on the 3rd one coming up)!

I actually really like the drums the way they are, the sparseness on my side was intentional.

I'm not a production/mixing master... that's obvious, unfortunately :/ I'm never quite sure how to add EQ/compression appropriately, and all attempts to understand it usually go over my head.