Preview Of My New Album, Dark Electronic Film Score Stuff

Come here for topics reviewing and sharing songs, tracks, music, synth demos, etc.
forcedopinion

Preview Of My New Album, Dark Electronic Film Score Stuff

Post by forcedopinion » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:08 pm

I finished my newest album (Whitest Hunters, Blackest Hearts) last week and put up a preview of the tracks. Heavily influenced by the Mercenary Exploitation movies of the 60's-80's, I guess it kinda comes off as film score work from somewhere around '88-'92?? I used only hardware gear and every one of my synths is on it.

Instruments - Kurzweil K2500RS, Ensoniq SQ-80, Novation Bass Station 2, Oberheim Matrix 1000, E-MU Orbit V2, E-MU Proteus 1 + 2, Roland JV-1010, Yamaha Tx81z, E-MU Pro/Cussion, Alesis HR-16.

Thanks for listening!

Chewy
Gear: Alpha Juno 2, Bass Station 2, CZ-5000, DW-8000, DR-660, EA1 mk2, ES1 mk2, JP-8000, Monotribe, R-100, SH-32,
Band: Soundtrack to Psychosis

Re: Preview Of My New Album, Dark Electronic Film Score Stuf

Post by Chewy » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:13 am

That little preview sounds excellent!

When I saw your username (under the title), I was like "I think I remember him," which was confirmed when I saw the Proteus 1 (& 2) in the list! I remembered some of the other nice tracks you posted, and was not disappointed with these snippets.

I like your gear list for the album - fairly nice variety, and all can be found for under $500. I love cool gear that doesn't break the bank (it's all of my setup at the moment, heh). Speaking of which, I see you have a BSII as well; awesome monosynth, probably best bang for your buck in that category (affordable new monos).

Anyway, I'm probably gonna need to check out some full tracks from it sometime. Sounding very good just from what I've heard

tomorrowstops
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by tomorrowstops » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:31 am

Great stuff Matt, looking forward to it!!

synthroom
Gear: Fairlight IIx(!), JP-8, D-50, S-50+550, S-760, JX-3P, JD-800, EII, Emax II, Mini, ARP 2600, P-5 Rev.1, Pro-One, Performer, K1m, K5m, few other things.

Post by synthroom » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:13 pm

Very nice, Matt!
Fairlight IIx (Mid-Life Crisis - cheaper than a Corvette!)
Roland JP-8, D-50, S-50, S-550(2x), S-760(2x), JX-3P, JD-800
EII, Emax II, Minimoog, ARP 2600, P-5 Rev.1 (broken...), Pro-One, Crumar Performer, K1m, K5m, MS-2000B, Virus KC, a few other things.

forcedopinion

Post by forcedopinion » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:06 pm

Chewy wrote:That little preview sounds excellent!

When I saw your username (under the title), I was like "I think I remember him," which was confirmed when I saw the Proteus 1 (& 2) in the list! I remembered some of the other nice tracks you posted, and was not disappointed with these snippets.

I like your gear list for the album - fairly nice variety, and all can be found for under $500. I love cool gear that doesn't break the bank (it's all of my setup at the moment, heh). Speaking of which, I see you have a BSII as well; awesome monosynth, probably best bang for your buck in that category (affordable new monos).

Anyway, I'm probably gonna need to check out some full tracks from it sometime. Sounding very good just from what I've heard
Yeah, actually the only synths I spent over $100 on were the Bass Station, Ensoniq, and Oberheim. I've gotten pretty lucky on finding used gear from places.

I'm a big fan of the BS2, have used it on almost everything since I got it and it's always at live gigs.

forcedopinion

Post by forcedopinion » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:07 pm

Thanks for listening and the positivity, I appreciate it!!

Ozzie Later

Post by Ozzie Later » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:27 pm

Very enjoyable.

seamonkey

Post by seamonkey » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:26 pm

Excellent work, I enjoyed this a lot. :clap:
Moog Voyager Roland D50 Ensoniq VFX-SD, Korg Wavestation Emulator II, Emax SE Plus, Korg King Korg, Korg Arp Odyssey(Whiteface), Minibrute, Takamine Acoustic Peavey Falcon electric

Jabberwalky
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: A hybrid of vintage and modern junk
Band: Variar

Post by Jabberwalky » Thu May 07, 2015 8:07 pm

Really like this. Keep it up man!