Minimal synth collaborators?

Come here for topics reviewing and sharing songs, tracks, music, synth demos, etc.
PurgeValve

Minimal synth collaborators?

Post by PurgeValve » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:56 am

Would anyone on here be interested in doing a minimal synth collaboration? Love the minimal wave genre and have a bit of gear. I'm looking to keep it true to the analog synth/drum machine and pre-MIDI gear era and sound (pre 1984). Plus I like those sounds the best. I've got a Tascam 234 Syncaset that I record on, so if you've got a machine that records on cassette at the same speed, we can make this happen by mailing tapes back and forth.

I personally like the sound of The Normal "TVOD" and first Human League 7" ("Being Boiled"), but I also love Linear Movement, Circuit 7, Das Ding, and Nine Circles. The Hit Parade 7" on Crass should also get a name check in this genre.

I'm not looking to expand beyond synth and drum machine stuff at this time. And like I said, I'd want to keep it strict with gear that's pre 1984. But if anyone is interested, please drop me an email at ewrecksn (at) gmail.com

sigment
Gear: MACHINEDRUM, SH-101, MINILOGUE, STREICHFETT, MPC1000, BSII, MINIAK, MS2000R, VOLCA-B, GEKKAN, XE-8, RX-21 + TOYS
Band: SLAVESTAR

Re: Minimal synth collaborators?

Post by sigment » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:24 pm

When I read your thread title, I says to myself: "Self, how many collaborators can one have on a 'minimal synth' track before more than half are just standing around nodding with hands in pockets?" :drums: :lol:

But really, good luck finding someone. I love the genre too, but honestly don't enjoy composing for it, or playing it, or have any non midi gear to make it 'pure'!!

:dancer: :dancer: :dancer: