Vintage House: My first attempt at a tune!

Come here for topics reviewing and sharing songs, tracks, music, synth demos, etc.
barra

Vintage House: My first attempt at a tune!

Post by barra » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:32 pm

Hi,

I'm attaching my first ever tune! Since I so inexperienced at producing music I'm hoping your advice can help me understand where my strengths and weaknesses lie just now.

I've composed the tune using Logic Pro X and its built-in instruments. The drum samples are free samples I found on the net, which I programmed into the EXS24.

As well as discussing my strengths and weaknesses, are there any really obvious problems with my tune which I should fix now or should I leave it behind me and move on to my next tune?

How would you categorize my music and are there artists I should listen to from whom I can learn more?

Thanks!!

BÓG

http://picosong.com/ALr3

Baus

Re: Vintage House: My first attempt at a tune!

Post by Baus » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:59 am

I like the theme.

It all depends on where you want to go with your track.

It might be good to make the drums more pronounced. More 'oomph' in the kick and more power in the snare.

Also a sound in the lower regions, a bass, might be a good idea. For this track it can be a simple one.

Making music is one thing, mixing your track is another thing. These days 'Producers' seem to need to be able to do it all.

Keep going!!!

Robin
The Netherlands