VSE - Good trader/seller thread

Post ads for sale. Synthesizers, samplers, drum machines, software, live sound & recording, DJ gear, etc.
Forum rules
READ: Gear For Sale Rules and Guidelines | FOR SALE posting template

Moderators have the right to edit your posts to keep them within the framework of these rules.
Maschinengeist
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Multimeter
Frequency Counter
Oscilloscope
Signal Generator
Logic Probe
and more stuff
Band: Cybernetik

Post by Maschinengeist » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:55 pm

djfetus: that guy goes to extreme: was supposed to ship USPS and shipped Purolator AT HIS OWN EXPENSE for more speed!!! How about that? And the Death Metal Pedal, described as "used" is BRAND NEW! Not a scratch, nothing... almost smells minty too! Packed in an oversized box with a truckload of bubblewrap so the carrier could slamdunk with it on its way to here.

All heil djfetus!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
MuzikElektronix.com
Music electronics repair & More
Help? See TechZone
Parts? email!
Service Manuals?+/-2000 documents!
Sorry, they aren't free
Now on FACEBOOK: "Muzik Elektronix"

OriginalJambo
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Check my sig

Post by OriginalJambo » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:28 pm

I'm here to nominate grahampreston once again. He sold me his PolySix for a mere £100 and also for charity, no less! Suffice to say it was the best packed item I've ever seen in my life: boxed twice (nice thick ones at that), anti-static sheeted, blanketed then bubble wrapped for about three layers!

The transaction was flawless (well after I got the address right after entering it incorrectly to Parcelforce at first!) and my e-mails were replied to by Graham in a matter of minutes or at most an hour. An absolute pleasure to do business with and I can recommend him even more now.

The PolySix had exactly the problems Graham described and no more - the battery had leaked but nowhere near as badly as the example on Old Crow's web site. It is in the process of getting repaired right now and I'll update this when I know the results.

Here's to Graham's excellent service once again...and hopefully to a working PolySix at the end of the road. :)

JMP
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by JMP » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:00 pm

WDW - Smooth transaction with top communication. Couldn't have been easier. Nice one !

jimi_t

Post by jimi_t » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:47 pm

Got a NanoCompressor off Toris just there - immaculate condition and the guy obviously has a serious amount of experience in shipping; box was cornered with masking tape, filled with paper shavings and the AC Adaptor and main unit were individually double wrapped in bubblewrap. Couldn't recommend him highly enough.
---------
MFB Synth Lite II, x0xb0x, ER-1 Mk.II, Yamaha TG-33, Axiom 49

grahampreston

Post by grahampreston » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:42 pm

Thanks to BURNT TOAST and ORIGINAL JAMBO, nice to see your both happy...
Packing, yep it takes time and it cost money..but what the heck!! Its in good condition when it leaveshere, i want it to get to you in the same condition.

This guys are just ace!! Hope they want something of me again in the future!
Current Gear Hammond M102 and Technics GN9 organ. Not a synth in sight at the moment!

Toris

Post by Toris » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:23 pm

Jimi_t

Perfect deal with a really nice guy. Great emails, quick efficient payment, how it should be.

XZit
Gear: Casiorap Man 2 :P, Access Virus TI, Korg MicroKorg, MacBook Pro (reason, ableton, cubase, etc. etc.), tablas

Post by XZit » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:57 am

Pallamas-great seller.
Thx for the fizmo bud! :)

pz

KLAXON

Bad trader alert! drodrodro22

Post by KLAXON » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:29 am

Well, I was hoping I would never have to post something like this here but I feel the VSE community should be aware of this person.

Nobody here should deal with the user: drodrodro22

I purchased a micro q from him from the for sale adds here. I have just bumped the add so you all can read the description yourselves before it gets deleted. He claimed it came as new with the original box, manual also a midi cable two 1/4" cables and OS update. I received just the micro q in shitty packaging. No manual, no cables nothing. Just a horribly packaged micro q that is all. I obviously would have offered him less money for it if I knew this.

He refused to answer all PMs and emails (even though I could see that he read them as they were in my sent box as opposed to the outbox) It would have been very simple to have thrown the manual and cables in a cheap small box and ship it for a couple bucks, but he instead chose to completely ignore me. I even told him that I would be happy if he just sent the manual via $1 letter post and he still ignored the request.

Don't deal with this guy. drodrodro22 is the name he goes by here (PM me if you need more info as he might now change his user ID)

IMPORTANT!! PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:

Also, I always use paypal to be covered in case anything bad happens as I'm sure many others here do as well. Well, I called paypal to inquire if I would be intitled to a small partial refund and after being on the phone on hold for 45 minutes I spoke to someone, and eventually to the main supervisor in charge. I wanted to be sure to let you all know about what paypal had to say, as it was sure news to me.

They told me that under the new ownership (ebay of course) that all of their policies have changed. They said that under the new policies that nothing is covered under paypal now except ebay purchases. If you did not purchase the item off of ebay and something goes wrong YOU WILL NOT BE COVERED at all, period, regardless of the circumstances. They said under ebays ownership they will not give any refunds for anything not purchased from ebay, and will not even discuss it or try to work anything out.

So if you buy things off of here (VSE) or anywhere else that is not ebay, I want you to know that even if you get ripped off or receive nothing paypal will not refund your payment or any portion of it. I thought you all should know this as I sure did not know that this was the new policy and I can bet that many of you did not know this either.

I will also say that this is the only bad transaction I have had here. Everyone else I have dealt with here was ace.

EDIT: drodrodro22 has changed his VSE id, as I predicted, to OneAnalogNation. I'm sure he will change it again soon.
Last edited by KLAXON on Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:26 am, edited 3 times in total.

viscerallove

Post by viscerallove » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:20 pm

did a trade with LittleRoughRhinestone. good guy, shipped on time, and the gear is great! i recommend him!
my music

Clavia Nord Lead
Korg Poly 800
Korg DSS-1
Oberheim Matrix-6
Novation KS 4
Roland V-Synth

Wiglaf
Gear: I don't even remember half of it
Band: width full

Post by Wiglaf » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:51 am

Kind of a positive: Blue Monster 65. Technically, he wasn't the seller...but he was right when he said the seller was a nice guy!

So if Blue Monster tells you he's not actually the seller; it's okay!
"I thought all you did was push a button and sounds came out!" - Mom on synths
"Not quite, Mom." - Me on synths

Blue Monster 65
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by Blue Monster 65 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:54 am

Thanks, Wiggy! I do appreciate it and have to pass on that Sir Wiglaf is truly a stand-up kind of guy as well and is highly recommended.

Woof! - Scott
Muhahahahahahahahaha!

Spaceheater184

Post by Spaceheater184 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:03 am

DJfetus sold me an ensoniq esq-1 with a roadcase. It was an excellent transaction, the board came in great shape, he was very good with communication and I would do business with him again anytime. Very good seller.

meatlog

shagghie

Post by meatlog » Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:16 am

Bought a couple modules from Shagghie's Studio Sale. The deal went wonderfully and I'm modulating with much zeal. Thanks, man!

MissionBrown

spbaker - Good guy good trader

Post by MissionBrown » Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:14 am

the title says it all doesn't it?

Decent bloke that was no-bullshit the whole way through the deal.
I think we both came out with a fair deal.

Thanks again.

cheers
A
Last edited by MissionBrown on Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shagghie

Meatlog = THUMBS UP!!!

Post by shagghie » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:58 pm

meatlog wrote:Bought a couple modules from Shagghie's Studio Sale. The deal went wonderfully and I'm modulating with much zeal. Thanks, man!
Meatlog
Awesome guy first of all, doing great stuff with waveform manipulation, knowledgeable and entirely cool to deal with. I gave him a kickass deal because of this alone. Thanks Meat!