Question about MIDI in Elektron MD

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
Electrocorporation

Question about MIDI in Elektron MD

Post by Electrocorporation » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:33 pm

I want that the internal clock of the MD controls my MS2000B. The Md will be the master and the MS the slave, but I can't get it to work. The problem doens't seem to be in the MS, because if I put it the other way around, I can control the MD, cause when I hit the keys in the MS the MD will sound.

I'm entering in the world of MIDI now so I apologise for sounding ignorant :? ...It's because I really am.

why can't I synchronize the two? The Md is doing a pattern and the MS is silent... And even if I keep the local on in the MS and touch a key, they aren't synchronized...

what am I doig wrong? What am I missing?

Can you help me? Thanks!
Electro: Elektron MD, Evolver, Mopho, Blofeld, MS 2000B, MicroKorg, TR61, Wavestation, Fantom XA, OB 12, Kawai K5000S, Micron, Novation BSR, Kurzweil K2000R, Casio CZ5000, Yamaha CS10 and CS15, Raven Max, Roland D-50.

Altitude
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Altitude » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:47 pm

Sounds like you midi is not configured correctly. If you want to sync the sequencers, only send clock. If you want to only use the sequencer on the MD and trigger sounds on the MS, just send notes (which is what I would do, it's more flexible)

Electrocorporation

Post by Electrocorporation » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:52 pm

Thanks Altitude. I will try that!
Electro: Elektron MD, Evolver, Mopho, Blofeld, MS 2000B, MicroKorg, TR61, Wavestation, Fantom XA, OB 12, Kawai K5000S, Micron, Novation BSR, Kurzweil K2000R, Casio CZ5000, Yamaha CS10 and CS15, Raven Max, Roland D-50.

Electrocorporation

Post by Electrocorporation » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:47 am

I don't know how to do this in the MD!!! I've tried ... how can I do this? Any advices from MD owners?

Thanks