Logic Pro 7.2 Academic

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.

Logic Pro 7.2 Academic

Postby stevenlachin » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:22 pm

I'm looking to get Logic Pro 7.2 (academic), but unfortunately my school's online book store doesn't offer it...
Nor is it available on campus. I guess they just don't offer it, even though it's recommended for multiple classes of mine.
Makes sense, right?
I called Apple to see if it could be purchased directly through them, but that would cost $500, which is absolutely ridiculous compared to how UC Berkeley's online book store has it available for $300. Too bad that's only available to UC Berkeley students.
Anyone know of anywhere else it's available online for $300 to students? I've been searching high and low for it...
stevenlachin

what school?

Postby tiktak » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:38 pm

I am the head of academic technology here at RMCAD and price I can get Logic for is:

Academic full version of Logic $499.00 - Upgrade $299.00 and Logic Express for $149.00

If they were selling it for $300 I would bet what they did was have the college buy site licenses and then distributed it to the students (Which would explain why they only sell to their students). My contact at Apple didn't seem to think they could work a way to get the box copies down that low.
:cry:
Deceptive Intentons.... Making today worse so tomorrow seems better...
Emax HD - CS2X - Triton LE - EMU PK6 Expanded - Enonic ZR-76 - Micron - K-Station - Protools LE - EIIIxp - EIIIxs - ESI4000
tiktak

Postby haj » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:33 am

I'm not a student and I couldn't afford $1000 so I got 7.2 academic on eBay for $300 (or was it $350.. forgot). The guy who sold it to me was a nice guy and he even delivered the package to my nearest subway station here in nyc...(he doesn't live in the state but he was coincidentally near to the city then) So there may be a chance for a good deal. Good luck!
haj

Postby inasilentway » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:22 am

If you're in or near Boston, the Boston University store sells it for $300.
inasilentway

Postby ficusrock » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:44 am

I was able to purchase Logic Pro at my university store (University of Missouri) for $299, but even to me it is $499 online at the student site.
ficusrock

Gear: Access Virus TI, NI Maschine

Re: Logic Pro 7.2 Academic

Postby desmond » Tue May 15, 2018 8:38 pm

(Referenced post was deleted)

Well, thread resurrection, but out of interest, do you you remember how much Logic used to cost *before* Apple..?

Clue: about five times as much as it is now. Without the extra plugins. If you wanted all the optional plugins, that would triple that price...
desmond

Re: Logic Pro 7.2 Academic

Postby madtheory » Wed May 16, 2018 5:46 pm

Ya it's incredible value for money. Some very advanced tools in the bundle.
madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Pro Tools, Komplete, MIDIQuest, Novation KSR, Casio FZ1+SK5, Korg Legacy, Theremin, Digi Vocalist, Quadravrb+, Kaoss Pads1+2, SPD11, OB Cyclone.
Band: Minim

Return to Software Synthesizers