DCA 4 on Ensoniq ESQ-1

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
SynthiChris

DCA 4 on Ensoniq ESQ-1

Post by SynthiChris » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:34 pm

Does anyone know why Digitally Controlled Amplifier 4's first final Modification is always Envelope 4? I dont understand why some of my patches in my patch book have different mods (LFO, Wheel, Vel.. etc...)
My O.S. is 3.4. It seems that the ENV4 is locked in at +63...
Thanks
Chris
-Ensoniq ESQ-1 Workstation-Ensoniq ESQ-1 Sequencer Expander-ESQ-1 Voice 80 A Cartridge-Sustain Pedal FSW-1

JayEm
Gear: KorgPoly800 Monotron MonotronDuo MonotronDelay Monotribe VolcaBass MS20Mini MS2000 MFB522 Arturia Minibrute Yamaha CS-15D Tama TechstarTS305
Band: datapark / KNUCKLEFACE / JayEm

Post by JayEm » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:26 pm

DCA4 + Env4 are basically hardwired to be the final stage of the synth.

Although you can't change Env4 out of DCA4's first MOD location, you should be able to drop the 63 to 0.

At least I can on mine.
w00t

SynthiChris

Post by SynthiChris » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:21 pm

Do you know what OS you have??? The patch book I have says that the final DCA that both mods are fully adjustable... Might be an older OS.
-Ensoniq ESQ-1 Workstation-Ensoniq ESQ-1 Sequencer Expander-ESQ-1 Voice 80 A Cartridge-Sustain Pedal FSW-1

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Post by meatballfulton » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:20 pm

DCA4 is a real amplifier inside a CEM chip.

The other DCAs are just software. While they are called DCAs, they really are the oscillator mixer.

The cool thing is unlike many synths you can modulate the mixer.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

SynthiChris

Post by SynthiChris » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:43 am

Ok, Kinda mad that I can run the final volume through like a LFO, because you could truely run a bypassed signal through a single LFO or ENV. You could yield some sick sounds.