Analog sequencers

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
b3groover
Band: THEO

Analog sequencers

Post by b3groover » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:57 pm

I'm jonesin' for a real analog sequencer, preferably something new but if it's old and very reliable that's fine, too. The options seem limited. There's the Oberkorn from Analogue Solutions, the Q960 from Synthesizers.com (I don't have a modular, but I supposed I could mount it in it's own custom made case with a psu), and the one from Doepfer.

Any suggestions? The one from MFOS looks nice and I don't mind soldering. I'm thinking that might be the way to go.

premieklovn
Gear: T.O.N.T.O
Band: Monomen

Re: Analog sequencers

Post by premieklovn » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:33 pm

If you don't mind soldering a shieeeetloads of wires then go for the MFOS. Then you can make your own sexy pimp-case.

b3groover

Post by b3groover » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:50 pm

Anyone else? Are there some older models that are worth seeking out? Thanks!

Trom69

Post by Trom69 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:03 am

Analog Systems RS200 looks very interesting.
Cracking softsynths for virtual circuit-bending

b3groover

Post by b3groover » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:01 am

Yes it does. Any price info? Can't seem to find any other info outside the AS website.

Trom69

Post by Trom69 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:42 pm

It cost $735 at Big City Music, and €548 at Modular Square.

Are digital sequencers with 'analog interface' (like the Doepfer MAQ 16/3) an option for you?

Also, are you aware that the analog sequencer (module) itself may not be enough, as you probably will need sequencial switches, clock dividers, quantizers, multiples, etc?

Anyway, the MFOS is indeed a good option. =P~ (I wish I could handle the electronics... :( )
Cracking softsynths for virtual circuit-bending

mis psiquicios y yo

Post by mis psiquicios y yo » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:46 am

b3groover wrote:I'm jonesin' for a real analog sequencer, preferably something new but if it's old and very reliable that's fine, too. The options seem limited. There's the Oberkorn from Analogue Solutions, the Q960 from Synthesizers.com (I don't have a modular, but I supposed I could mount it in it's own custom made case with a psu), and the one from Doepfer.

Any suggestions? The one from MFOS looks nice and I don't mind soldering. I'm thinking that might be the way to go.
Th Q119 form synthesizers.com, quite different from the Q960 and less expensive. You can make a cabinet for one of those sequencers they are awesome
mis psiquicos y yo
In electronic music, sequencers are as important as synths, they all modify your composition and playing