Arturia MiniBrute - analog monosynth

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

Re: Arturia MiniBrute - analog monosynth

Postby Zamise » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:30 am

I just noticed the filter envelope light is always on, wonder if that has something to do with it?
<ZQS> [....<OII>.....soundcloud player v2.42.....................link]
Zamise
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Rollhand P00
Band: Quantum-Source

Postby madmarkmagee » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:39 pm

Zamise wrote:So far I've not been too happy with it. It only came with a foreign power cord for the adapter. I tried my laptop cord which fit in its adapter, and a 110 to 240 reverse converter for those types of prongs, they both let it power up and it says on the adapter 100 to 240v input, they worked so that can't be an issue, but I get no sound out the headphones or master. I am bummed out to the max dudes. I don't want to return it. I actually got it to send to a friend so he could get early where he is from, so this is going to a bummer for him too.

You live in America but you have a 240 model... Don't you guys get everything first...

You say you used a laptop cord, wouldn't that have a AC adaptor on it? Does the AC adaptor support 240 or whatever volts? Does the Foriegn cord have a wall wort or AC adaptor on it or is that internal? How many AC adaptors is the power going through? The wall wort and the laptop AC? Could hz have something to do with it. Can you return it? Does it have warranty?
madmarkmagee

Gear: King Korg
ESQ-1
Reface DX
Microbrute
Shruthi-1
Pittsburgh System-1
Juno 106 (needs work)

Postby Zamise » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:55 pm

I'll probably have to return it. Thing is, they probably wont have another on hand and my friend and I will have to wait for them to get more stock.

The Minibrute's wall wart comes in two pieces, the wire that plugs in to the wall and then that plugs in to the 100-240v input to 12vDC output adapter which goes to the MB. I switched the one that comes out of the wall to the adapter with my laptop cord. I also had a 110 to 240v reverse converter for my wall outlet which I also tried with the weird power cord that came with it. I get the same result, no audio out.

In the manual I noticed it says MB is defaulted to kbd setting, it wasn't, it was set to audio when I got it. That and the proper american standardized power cord being missing, plus it not working, makes me wonder if someone may have already tried it out even before I got it. The box isn't sealed and the plastic around the MB was just taped close.

I'd think Auturia maybe would be performing a test on them to make sure they work before they go out, but I don't don't know that for sure, it could be that it just had a rough time during shipping, the outside cover was pretty worn down, but no major dings in the box.
Zamise
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Postby Zamise » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:27 am

Just called my local GC and Auturia rep happen to be there, they couldn't tell me what the deal is and was surprised I had one already since they were supposed to get them before anyone else. So anyway, hopefully the place I ordered this one from will take it back and if they don't have another I should be able to at least get a refund and go to my local store and pick one up soon.
Zamise
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Postby bhrama » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:30 pm

For those tired of waiting for your pre-order (Looking @ you Novamusik!)

Looks like they have 10 units in stock.
bhrama

Gear: Sub 37, TR8, Streichfett, Tempest, P6
Band: Grit Lapse, Mangkind

Postby GuyaGuy » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:30 pm

bhrama wrote:For those tired of waiting for your pre-order (Looking @ you Novamusik!)

Looks like they have 10 units in stock.

I saw that but also saw that they are "AVAILABLE FOR PE-ORDER" on their site. I happened to pass by their storefront yesterday and hoped to find out but they were closed.
GuyaGuy
VSE Review Contributor
VSE Review Contributor

Gear: YES PLEASE!

Postby Kidney05 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:37 am

I had one of these preordered but I recently found what I thought was a steal for a JX-3P. I figure they'll be making these suckers for a couple year at least i hope.
Kidney05

Gear: Juno 106, Tetra, Mopho Keyboard, Little Phatty Stage II, RX-5, Volcas, JX-3P, R5, 505, TX-7, D550, TX81Z, Korg MS-20 Mini, Minibrute, Six Traks, TR-8

Postby Bitexion » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:13 pm

Oh well, heard from my local store again.

Bad news so far, they were expecting 200 units in the june/july change, but nothing arrived.
The only thing he knows is that the Minibrute is VERY delayed.
He's been in touch with importers in Sweden, who in turn been in touch with Arturia, but they don't even know themselves, since the manufacturing isn't in France.

So we're still in limbo.
Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Postby Zamise » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:55 pm

I think ProAudioStar is still selling them, they are who I went through instead of going through ebay. Their customer support for returns have been surprisingly pretty good and prompt which is unusual in this day and age. When I spoke to them Monday they told me they still had plenty left, excatly how many I don't know, but I asked because I was worried they wern't going to have any to exchange with the one I was returning to them. Even if they run out, I'm not worried about not being able to get one any more, a working one may be another story, but I'm not as concerned as I would have been to mention this earlier here now. If you call them and order one, be sure to ask for a discount, they should be able to knock it down at least 10 bucks to $489.00.

http://www.proaudiostar.com/arturia-minibrute.html
Zamise
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Postby GuyaGuy » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:42 pm

Zamise wrote:I think ProAudioStar is still selling them, they are who I went through instead of going through ebay. Their customer support for returns have been surprisingly pretty good and prompt which is unusual in this day and age. When I spoke to them Monday they told me they still had plenty left, excatly how many I don't know, but I asked because I was worried they wern't going to have any to exchange with the one I was returning to them. Even if they run out, I'm not worried about not being able to get one any more, a working one may be another story, but I'm not as concerned as I would have been to mention this earlier here now. If you call them and order one, be sure to ask for a discount, they should be able to knock it down at least 10 bucks to $489.00.

http://www.proaudiostar.com/arturia-minibrute.html

Just chatted with them. Sold out, not ETA for new ones.
I almost bought one of theirs off eBay but I'm in NYC and I didn't want to pay sales tax.
GuyaGuy
VSE Review Contributor
VSE Review Contributor

Postby Moped10 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:04 pm

For you fellow users: what advantages do I get from updating the firmware? I tried a search and have come up with nada...
Loving this little thing!
Moped10

Band: a bunch (too many to list in t

Postby Zamise » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:11 pm

When I tried to update the one I had I think it said I already had same version, but I did any way trying to fix the prob I was having, it didn't do anything, but the utility has a few extras like after touch sensititivy curves, input gain, midi channel send rec etc.. few other things that could be important, but not a whole lot.
Zamise
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Postby Bitexion » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:14 pm

This synth is a perfect modular synth controller since it has CV, Gate and trigger outputs. That's probably what I'll use it most for.
Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Postby breckjay » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:37 pm

so give a +1 if you already pre-ordered it! also for only $500 it should be 10x better than my m audio venom.
Mopho Key's, Roland sh-32, Korg R3, M Audio Venom, Korg EMX 1, Korg ER 1, and lots of hours in the hole.
breckjay
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: To many cables...

Postby GuyaGuy » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:04 pm

breckjay wrote:so give a +1 if you already pre-ordered it! also for only $500 it should be 10x better than my m audio venom.

o hai, this isn't YouTube.

Also, can you please stop bumping 3 year old threads for no reason. kthxbi
GuyaGuy
VSE Review Contributor
VSE Review Contributor

PreviousNext

Return to General Synthesizers